Cold Nights At 54th East Street (2)

Start from the beginning

Jennie could have kept her distance from the woman, but she was unable to. She couldn't explain why. Her heart and thoughts were completely jumbled. But when she turned to face the blonde and returned the gaze with a gummy smile, she brushed all those conflicting thoughts elsewhere.

Chaeyoung is different.

The nearby lamppost started to flicker its lights, but the two women were too caught up in their own little world to notice it until it stopped. Both of their eyes gleamed as the white glow of the light bathed them, and the sources of their voices collided for a goodnight kiss.

The lonely flower that was placed next to the lamppost started to wilt as a result of the cold weather wearing it down; there was no warm blanket to shield it from its melancholy. The final petal fell until the chilly breeze carried it away and brought it to rest next to Jennie.

54th East Street

"May I walk you home, Jen?"

"Thought you never asked."

•••

Too much closeness. Too intimate. Words spat out as if freshness of fruits came out to life. Words that were never deemed as lies. Both knew what they were doing but were they? Wave of emotions that weren't expressed and were succumbed deep into their hearts.

A powerful emotion that would drive them apart from each other.

As Jennie closed her eyes relishing the way her cold hands delicately touch every inch of her skin, she realized she never wanted anything besides this moment.

In their own little world where she felt as if she mattered and loved.

"Be here with me."

Fluttering her eyes open, she saw her hypnotizing gaze pleading her with words to pull her back into their moment as Chaeyoung felt the brunette slowly zoning out for a second.

"I'm here."

With uncertainty pooling in their minds as the words being said doubted them, Chaeyoung kissed her feverishly, silently relaying a message to the fragile woman to focus on her alone.

"By the way, it's working. Finally, my ex left me alone."

Chaeyoung murmured huskily as she pressed wet kisses on the blushing woman's neck and descended down her toned stomach. Jennie softly hummed before luring the blonde closer for a powerful kiss.

"Okay, then. Enough about her already. Now, you can ruin me as much as you want."

"How can I ever deny you, Jennie Kim?"

The blonde woman frantically planted several lips on the brunette's neck. The latter's eyes began to slowly fill with tears of pleasure, and as a whimper came from her throat, the girl who was buried on her neck grinned and carried on with her kisses.

Too different.

•••

The wind slightly blew her way as she slowly walked towards the path underneath the tiny droplets of snow encompassing the whole town. Jennie smiled as she stared down at the fluttering texts the blonde woman sent to her.

rosie🐿️
i know you're on your way to the café, so with my utmost sincerity, please hurry up

i badly need to hold your hand

be careful walking, walk slowly but not too slow

also wear the jacket and beanie i gave to you