You and I

All eyes suddenly turned to the entrance door, which opened to reveal the one and only person everyone was expecting to see as soon as the first pluck of the alluring instrument began. Her red, sparkling dress, which glistened and the exposed curves on her sides, captured everyone's gaze. A proud smile was plastered on her face as she knew she caught everyone's attention at one glance.

Each person who fervently uttered their pleasantries was greeted by her. Elite individuals filled the entire space. People who supposedly want greater connections is the reason the event was planned in the first place. She knew her advantage.

Everyone either wants her or wants to be her.

She closed her eyes and listened to the thrilling song, relishing the excellent instrumental. Her aural awareness is still picking up sounds from many people, but the music is electrifying her.

That instantly brought to her mind of a person she knows who is madly in love with music.

She slowly opened her eyes, not wanting to reminisce all the memories they had together that drove her mind insane. She exhaled subtly as varying emotions flowed through her beating heart thinking about her. She clutched her hands on her daunting dress before making her way to the drink section.

Long, delicate fingers gently grabbed her wrist before she could even reach the wine glass' tip, and she turned to face the person. Her agitated face changed to one of disbelief, yet there was a yearning look in her eyes that the other person couldn't help but notice.

The stunned woman didn't even notice a tear falling down her cheek until she felt the familiar warmth wiping her sorrow.

"Dance with me."

•••

"You shouldn't be here." She snarled softly at the disguised woman in the black suit.

"I'm aware." She could see the mischief behind the her mask making her lightly scowl before she was swiftly spun.

"What brings you here, then?" She was drawn closer till their noses almost touched.

"Isn't it clear as day and night? I wanted to see you." The woman whispered against her lips before directing their bodies to sway to the music.

Everyone's attention was focused on her and the enigmatic masked woman dancing with her, leaving them as the only people left dancing on the floor. Astonished gasps and enthusiastic claps could be heard throughout the entire room.

"Everyone's focus is already on you. You may now leave." They both stopped dancing as the music abruptly stopped, and after a brief moment of staring at each other, she gently pushed the woman and resumed dancing.

"You're mistaken, princess. You managed to grab everyone's attention because of your sophisticated beauty and eyes that could hypnotize someone with a single glance. I just so happen to be a woman wearing a mask and a suit, pretending to be someone else, to dance with a powerful woman." The woman smirked behind her ear.

"You infuriate me tremendously." She quickly turned around again and gave the woman a sneer.

"And you don't think you infuriate me just as much? You infuriate me enormously that I couldn't bear to be apart from you." The woman said gravely, leaving her stunned.

"The worst part of everything is how much trouble I would go through in order to see you. It seems incredibly unlikely that I would behave this way toward you. You constantly push me away, so why do I feel even more drawn to you as you push me more away?" The woman's hold on her hand and waist was gradually loosing, and she could hear the woman's voice becoming more troubled.

"Why am I unable to shake you from my mind? How come I can't just ignore you? You want to know why I actually entered here covertly. The answer is easy, princess. I was disrupted by the kiss we had while we were alone by the lake. I loathe having to say it. However, it caused me to experience emotions I was unaware of."

Her gaze briefly rested on the woman's lips as she remembered the moment their soft lips met.The familiar touch on her body vanished just as she was ready to speak.

"It was a pleasure dancing with you, milady. And lastly," The woman softly said, kissing her hand tenderly to conclude the dance.

"You look beautiful tonight, Jennie."

•••

She removed the mask on her face and laid it beside her on the ground as her eyes admired the twinkling stars above her. She smiled in victory as she heard the footsteps not far behind her.

"I began to believe you left." Jennie asked, stopping a few inches behind the woman.

"I was looking for some fresh air. Never would I leave without getting a response from you." She untied the hair tie as she stood up, allowing her hair to run down her back naturally.

"What are you wanting me to say?"

"The genuine truth of your feelings for me." She faced her with a vulnerable expression and Jennie softened her gaze as she drew nearer and caressed both the woman's cheeks.

"The thought of you also wouldn't leave my mind. Immediately following that kiss, I never slept so well at night. The softness of your lips against mine would always stray in my thoughts. It had such a compelling and intoxicating feeling. And as much as I loathe to confess it, the kiss felt just perfect. It seemed like the correct thing to do." She released her hold on her cheek and looked away from the woman.

"You felt so right to be with, Chaeyoung." She softly whispered.

"Then be with me." Chaeyoung made a bold declaration, moving closer to Jennie who had her lips open.

"Let's cross the world together." Her eyes never strayed away from Jennie as she awaited for her response.

"I doubt that our fathers would approve of the fact that their two daughters, whose families are allegedly rivals, would leave together."

"I agree with you. I also doubt your father would be pleased to hear that a child of his sworn enemy sneaked into his gigantic home and danced with his one and only precious daughter."

As soon as Chaeyoung said those remarks, Jennie's father emerged from his home with his men following closely behind him with a furious look on his face. When Jennie turned to face them, she was shocked by what she saw. She chuckled in disbelief as she turned to face Chaeyoung, who was triumphantly grinning.

"Do you particularly enjoy attracting trouble?" Jennie questioned, taking the woman's hand as they begin to move away.

"It doesn't matter as long as I get to see you." Chaeyoung gave her a genuine smile and Jennie reciprocated the smile happily.

Their pace quickened as they heard a deep man's voice calling for Jennie. As Chaeyoung led them away from the other people in the room, her hold on Jennie's hand grew tighter. She came to a stop by a tree and turned to face Jennie, a faint smile playing across her lips.

"I have something important to share with you." She softly gazed into Jennie's confused expression.

"What is it?"

"I reassure you that I will be there for you until the very end, whatever the consequences. I want to be by your side. I want to learn everything there is to know with you. Jennie, I can only foresee spending the rest of my life with you." Jennie, who was relieved to feel her familiar, gentle lips on her skin, smiled as Chaeyoung kissed her forehead.

"I despise you so much, Park Chaeyoung."

"I like you too, Jennie Kim."

"Where exactly are we heading to, Miss Park?" Her gummy smile was visible.

"Any destination we both wish to visit, just you and I together."

Author's Note:
Chaennie ♥️