Cold Nights at 54th East Street

The café was packed with customers, many students who had arrived from school. As a result, the workers at the café were all preoccupied with receiving orders and dispatching them to various tables. Because the café was so close to school, it's hardly surprising that many students stayed there after classes.

But the most common reason for students to visit the café is to witness the most beautiful woman waitress working, whom males pine after and girls admire for how confident she walks and the calm and collected expression on her face as she gives them their drinks.

The other staff are likewise aware of the waitress's impact. After all, the café was significantly improved when she waltzed in through the chiming door, dressed dashingly and with eyes that could bewitch anyone at first glimpse. Being the niece of the café's owner has its perks as well.

Because of her intimidating expression, the workers initially mistook her for someone who was spoiled and rude, but when their kind owner introduced her niece to them, their perceptions of her changed completely when her once bored expression transformed into a full gummy smile that all the workers fell for.

They got to know her better and got along with her since then. After she returned from her personal business abroad, the young woman offered to work at her aunt's café. Her aunt warmly accepted her and treated as if she were her own daughter. The niece assisted in the management of the café, with her creative mind springing to life and effectively transforming it into what it is now.

The young woman was now behind the cash register, taking orders from a male student who stuttered his order, and she knew these students had only come here because of her, and as much as she didn't want to be the center of attention, she couldn't stop it. She didn't let it bother her and went on with her job, providing great service to these people.

The bell sounded, and her gaze dropped to the person at the entryway as she finished getting the money from the boy's trembling hands. Her breath caught in her throat as she unintentionally eyed the person from head to toe, but she came back to reality when she noticed the newcomer approaching her.

A name, or more accurately, a nickname, was called, which made the newcomer's attention drawn to her left. The person closed her eyes while facepalming due to embarrassment after gaining everyone's attention, Jennie bit her lower lip to keep her smile hidden.

Chipmunk, cute nickname.

"Jennie! Your shift's done."

She stared at the clock and indeed, her time's up. Her aunt had instructed her to complete her shift a little early due to the continuous work she'd been doing in the café, so she gazed at the clock. Jennie refused to leave earlier, but she knew her aunt was persistent, so she soon agreed to stop being nagged.

She gave her coworker a small smile and moved out of the counter, but not before throwing a glance at the newcomer, who was already staring at her with an expression she couldn't comprehend, but she noticed her friends giving her playful smirks.

The brunette didn't give it much thought and went to the staff room to change her clothing before leaving the café.

Even when she's not working, the focus is on her, and she's become accustomed to it, with people gawking at her beauty and approaching her, admiring her, and failing to flirt with her. Even the elderly, particularly women, would tell her that her future husband would be extremely fortunate to have her as his wife. Jennie could not even make a comment and just gives them a tight-lipped smile before going her way.

People are so annoying sometimes.

She sighed before folding her arms across her chest to gain extra warmth as the chilly evening approached. While strolling around, she kept her gaze fixed on her feet, undecided of where she would end up. She then chose to lean against the wall, a lamppost casting an orange glow down on her.