I Promise II

I caressed my fingertips across her soft cheeks while holding my head up with my other hand and staring at her sleeping figure for a long time. I trailed my eyes all over her features, from her eyelashes down to her luscious lips. I then moved closer and gently planted a lingering kiss on her lips before pulling away.

So beautiful.

I tucked the strand of her hair that was obscuring her face beneath her ear. Stroking her blond locks with my fingers until I rested my palm on her shoulder, caressing it intermittently with my thumb.

Sweet dreams, love.

A smile touched my lips as I observed how serene she looks in her deep slumber after an exhausting day of her photoshoot. I knew she texted me to tell me not to wait for her because she'd arrived late. Despite my sleepiness, I waited for her to return home, being the obstinate girlfriend that I am.

As if I could get a good night sleep without her by my side, enveloping me in her arms.

She suddenly stirred, and I quickly hugged her, shushing in her ear and kissing her on the cheek till she fell back asleep. Her hand was securely gripped around mine as she pressed me towards her chest. When I realized she'd be the first person I'd see when I open my eyes the next day, my heart began to beat faster.

I promise to be the first person you see every day when you wake up.

I kissed her cheek three times, muttering to her lips three words that will always serve as a constant reminder of my love for her.

We were both sprawled on the couch after I finished playing with both of my babies, staring into her side profile as we were at her apartment for more personal time with her. Instead of watching TV, I'm now putting my attention on my big baby, whose head is laying on my lap.

This is home.

When I felt her raise my hand and press the tip of my fingers on her lips, my blatant staring was cut short. Her soft lips brush across my fingertips, while her gaze fixed on the scene in front of her. My lips formed a conscious smile as she dropped a lingering kiss on each of my fingers before firmly placing my palm on her stomach.

She never fails to make me feel loved.

I began playing with her hair, my other hand rubbing our conjoined hands together with my gaze locked on her face. Hearing her melodic laughter reverberate made me joyful and made me want to spend more time with her in simple moments like this. When she looked up at me, I let out a gummy smile, knowing that my happiness is right here.

I promise to smile more like how you described my smile that blinds people's visions due to its brightness.

I leveled my head down, dropping a loving kiss on her forehead before saying the three words professed from my sincere love.

I grasped her sweater while the four of us were in a van after the live ended. The entire ride was peaceful because the two were fast asleep and we were the only ones awake, my head laying on her shoulder and her eyes fixed on the scenery outside the car window. I squeezed her hand three times before I closed my eyes to take a nap.

I love you.

I let out a smile when I felt her kiss on my head and the gentle squeeze of my hand. I was adjusting my position when I felt that the vehicle stopped moving. My eyes flickered to look around me. I shifted my gaze and noticed we were the only ones left in the vehicle. Shifting my direction towards her, I instantly smiled when she extended her hand for me to take.

She waited.

I clinged on her arm and dropped my head on her shoulder as we made our way up. The moment the door closed behind us, I quickly blocked her way and hugged the life out of her. She chuckled but wrapped her arms around me, swaying us back and forth.

I promise to be your warmth.

I tenderly kissed her neck with my lips before whispering the three words I had set aside for her from my delicate heart.

I began lightly plucking the guitar she had secretly given me for my birthday. I let my hands do the magic while strumming random chords and singing any tune, and when I achieved a solid rhythm, I smiled contentedly. Playing it again with improvised lyrics, my mind wandering back to her loving embraces and affirming words whenever we were alone in our own little world.

A world where she is the only person I can see. My world.

I put down the guitar and walked into the kitchen, where I was cheerfully preparing breakfast for my hungry hubby. I let out a beaming grin, hearing her lazy footsteps.

Good morning, sleepyhead.

When I finally placed the food on the table, I turned around and spread my arms out with my morning smile. She gave me a sleepy smile before walking up to me and hugging me warmly. She sighed contentedly as she tightened her grip.

I promise to always be the person you'd hold on to.

I held her face and kissed her on the nose softly as I spoke the three words that would always be honest coming from my genuine love.

I dreamily stared at her serene face, caressing the side of her head until my fingers rested at the corner of her lips, with the nightsky filled with brilliant stars and shining moonlight as the witness of our secret love. I awoke in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, and ever since, I've taken a few moments to stare at my girlfriend.

The love of my life.

I still couldn't fathom that I'm with her. To be honest, it all feels like a dream, but seeing her next me looking peaceful and hearing her quiet snores make all this real. She is indeed real. I was awestruck by her beauty as I saw the moon's reflection shimmer on her skin.

She is the brightest star in my sky.

I settled myself under the covers, before snuggling closer to her. Feeling her bare skin on mine brought back memories from hours before that were still fresh in my memory.

My beloved, my clandestine. Thank you for bringing me here to create a lasting memory.

I slowly and carefully grabbed her hand, which carried the promise ring. I brought the ring to my lips and closed my eyes, laying a chaste kiss on it. Smiling at how beautiful the simple yet significant ring was. I placed her palm on my chest, and my heart began to race as her touch melted into it.

I promise to stick by your side and see what the world has yet to offer to us, Rosie.

I kissed her cheek three times, voiced out the three words that will forever be professed to her as proof of my ardent love.