27

"Hello baby Ashra! You're so cute talaga!"

Mula ng magkaroon na kami ulit ni Sydney ng komunikasuon ay halos araw-araw na itong tumatawag. Hindi para sa akin, kundi para sa baby ko! Dalawa nga lang silang nag-uusap! Si Ashra naman ay tila'y gustong-gustong kausapin si Sydney. Paano ba naman may pinapakita itong mga laruan.

She said that she purchases one item per day and stores them in a box so that if she ever meets Ashra in the future, she can give her the toys. Sigurado akong marami na siyang nakokolekta. Sinabihan ko itong itigil na pero ayaw pa rin. Tignan lang natin kung hindi magmukhang bodega ang kwarto niya.

As Ashra grew older, she started knowing every bit of Sydney and our friendship. They often play at night and call each other too. Ako naman ay nagpatuloy sa pag-aaral ng kursong nursing. Although this wasn't my first option, I figured that since I'm here in Canada, I might as well take advantage of the great opportunity to work as a nurse here.

Maraming gustong mangibang bansa na ang kurso ay nursing pero ang iba ay hindi nabibigyan ng pagkakataon. So, if that door opens for you, you, sometimes have no choice but to walk through it, even though it has nothing to do with your passion. Mas ginusto ko ng mag-practical sa buhay lalo na at may anak na akong bubuhayin.

As they said, you can't go wrong in nursing.

Time flew by at such a breakneck pace that before I knew it, it was already time for me to apply everything I had learned in my studies to the hospital. It took me a long time, but I successfully finished my education and am now working in a healthcare facility.

Before that, it took me many years to get through college. I then began helping other people by treating their wounds, attending to their needs, and assisting them in becoming healthy. I thought I wouldn't love this work, but day by day I've grown to appreciate it.

"Mommy! You're so matagal!" My five-year-old daughter came running out of the house just as I was getting out of the car.

"Hello baby!" I picked her up right away and gave her lots of kisses and hugs.

"Mommy!" she laughed as she held my face in her hands to keep me from kissing her. "I should be the one giving you lots of kisses!"

"Why so?" I arched a brow.

She pouted. "Because you're working everyday! And you seem so tired!" Seryoso niya akong tinignan. "So Mommy! You should let me do the kisses and hugs from now on!"

She instantly started kissing me on the face and then gave me a big hug. I will always be grateful for the life I share with her. 'Yung tipong uuwi ako na mawawala ang pagod ko dahil sa pagsalubong niya sa akin. Wala na pa akong hihilingin pa.

"I love you so much Ashra Laureine and of course your twin too!" I told her before looking at the pink sky.

"I love you both too!" she exclaimed and turned to face the sky like I did. "Hey brother! How are you up there? Mom and I miss you so much! I hope you're doing well in heaven, as I'm doing well on earth!"

Uminit ang sulok ng mata ko. Ashra made sure that her twin is included in everything. She even thought her twin was a boy, which is why she now calls it brother.

"Ashra, kanina pa kita hinahanap! Nandito ka lang pala." kinakabahang aniya ni Mama.

"E Lola, I heard Mommy's car, kaya I went out." conyong daldal ni Ashra.