Strange Saviour

We sat in the office talking about my past, most of it I lied about but the abuse I had to go through I tell. They make me show them the scars on my back and they take pictures. I also show them my eye and they do the same thing taking pictures. The CPS worker soon leaves and they show me to the room I will be staying in. I settled in and they gave me a week before sending me off to the closest school. This was a shit school, fights always happen with the students and the teachers don't care.

I just keep my head down not looking at anyone but even that didn't stop people from beating me up. Of course, picking on the new kid so many punched me in my bad eye opening up the wound. That made the healing take even longer which sucked so much. I was here for 2 weeks when I got jumped by the kids outside school but this time I try to fight back. One ripped my bandage from my eye and punched me straight on, their ring caught the stitches ripping some out.

I scream out in bloody murder as I bleed out and roll on the cold wet ground in pain. Soon a male voice filled the area screaming, "HEY THE F*CK YOU ALL DOING!?!" The kids make a break for it as I just rolled in pain holding my eye. I hear the guy running over to me and trying to remove my hand's from my face. "Hey calm down, let me see your eye and make sure you're ok."

"GO AWAY, LEAVE ME ALONE!" I scream out in pain trying to fight him off.

He just sighs before picking me up, holding me to his chest before he starts to run. I started to cry as the pain was getting worse and I was getting blood all over the two of us. He runs into a walk-in clinic getting the attention of everyone or it was my crying. He rushed us to a room and he laid me down on the bed and the doctor took a look at my eye. They rush to stop the bleeding as they work, they ask the guy what happened so he tells them what he saw.

They gave me something to numb the area so I wouldn't feel the pain but I started to get bruises on my face and body. I just lay there calmed down as they fixed the stitching. This doctor knows me as this is where I get taken to whenever I get beat up to get fixed up. The guy that carried me here walks over looks at my eye and sees the four slashes. Before his hand touches me I move my head away from him. I don't care if he did save me, I didn't want him touching me again.

"You're all stitches up, you need to stop getting into fights or your wound will never heal. You can go back now." The doctor said before leaving the room.

I get to my feet and grab my bag before walking out of the room to the front door. The guy keeps trying to talk to me but I ignore him, really not in the mood to talk. I pulled my hood over my head and walked keeping my head down before he stood in front of me.

I looked up seeing his arms crossed and clearly pissed with me. I noticed he was a little older than me, maybe early 20's. He had a large scar over his right cheek that went from under his eyes and down his neck a little. I just glare at him and try to walk around but he keeps blocking my way.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?" I shout annoyed with this guy now.

"You really wanna get mad at the guy that saved you?" He raises his brow.

"I didn't need your help, I never asked for it. You get used to being everyone's punching bag at some point or another. Now leave me alone and let me go home." I ran around him making it to the main road.

I soon stopped running as I was too tired so I just slowly walked back. I can feel this guy was just following behind me. I don't acknowledge him or ever turn around to look at him but I do think, 'Why do this at all? We don't know one another.' After 30 minutes of walking, I finally made it back to the orphanage and made it in the door. I looked out the window of the front door seeing him just stand there with what looked like a shocked expression.

Every day for 3 months this guy would just stand outside the orphanage waiting for me to leave. He'd just follow behind me not saying a word all the way to school till class started and he'd leave. The moment school lets out there he is waiting by the fence and follows me all the way home. I guess I should be happy for those months. I never had someone jump me so my cut fully healed. It was easy to see but I didn't care that much as it gave me some cred here and soon people kinda got scared of me.

When I stopped seeing him I was a little sad that I never got his name. But he has to live close to here to keep walking me to and from school. I was lucky to pass my classes and be able to graduate and move on to high school. Our class got a tour of the high school if we didn't want to stay in our current school for high school. We walked around the school so I just kept my sunglasses on to hide my scar a little bit.

The bell rings and lets the high schoolers out of class for lunch. We stay close to our teacher when I spot him walking our way. I was gonna ask his name but someone got his attention away from us. I just kept my mouth closed and kept walking with my classmates. Bet he doesn't even remember me at all, why would he? I'm just some loser that got beat up a lot. Luckily summer came fast so I can get away from all the bullying I got from the other orphans.