Chapter 7 (Percy)

When Percy regained consciousness at first he didn't know where he was. Then he remembered he was in literal hell. He scanned his surroundings and decided that he was in the cave from before. Percy felt a weight on his shoulder, sure enough Nico was leaned against him snoring. Percy could've laughed at the sight, Nico who hated him more than anyone else was not only asleep on his shoulder, but had also saved Annabeth and fallen into Tartarus with him. 

Gods, Annabeth. He hadn't thought of the blonde in a while, mostly because he had been preoccupied with death rivers, monsters, and almost dying. Percy felt kinda bad of the lack of thought towards his girlfriend. He had to get back to her, though he was worried about what state he would be in by the time he got out. No doubt crazy and bloodthirsty with his luck. Hopefully Nico would be able to dial down on his insanity though. He still couldn't believe Nico's theory was right. 

He was more powerful in Tartarus, he wasn't sure if it was for better or worse though. The amount of power and freedom he felt pouring through veins when he had called upon the water was rejuvenating, like iced lemonade on a hot day. The ice poured over his bones and empowered him, somehow leaving him empty inside. Last time he had come in contact with one of the rivers was when he ran into Iapetus. 

He had thrown the Titan into the water giving him a much needed new personality. He was now Bob,

"Bob." Percy smirked.

What a name for the powerful titan! He didn't remember the last time he had thought of him, which once again had him feeling bad for his lack of concern for his friends. 

Then Nico shifted, head starting to fall to the floor of the cave. Percy's reflexes had him reaching his arm around Nico's neck holding him steady. Nico's eyes fluttered open, a subtle pink glow followed as he observed his current predicament. 

"Hey Neeks, nice of you to join me." 

Nico groaned, 

"Perce, why'd you wake, wake me up?"  He slurred voice heavy from sleep.

Percy giggled as Nico looked up at him confused.

"I was thinking of Bob and Annabeth. I wonder how they are now." Percy said, a longing look in his eye.

"Why, you wouldn't rather be in the pit with me?" Nico asked sarcastically.

This had Percy going into a full blown asthma attack, somehow the thought of Nico being sarcastic in a place like this was hilarious to him.

"Well," Nico continued

"Bob was working for Hades and Persephone last I saw him. I had them hire him as a janitor, not the best work but it's good for him and he seemed happy enough."

Percy smiled,"So how did we get to the cave?" 

Nico blushed at the question, 

"Well, after you obliterated Dr. Thorn and co. you were completely out. But I figured that we couldn't stay at the Phlegethon, since our demigod scent got stronger after the fight according to the Minotaur I saw on the way here."

"Wait you beat beef head without me? He's like my signature monster!" Percy whined.

"To be fair, you beat Thorn so it was only fair. Plus I doubt you would've been able to fight in that condition. You were completely wrecked, more quills, cuts and such. I dealt with it so you should be fine unless I missed something..." Nico replied thoughtfully.

Percy did a quick scan of his body, spotting 3 new bandages wrapped around his torso, and a few bruises and cuts around his legs. Considering the battle, it wasn't too bad. Percy looked to Nico, his shirt was half gone leaving him with a crop top. A few bandages wrapped around him, and bruises dotted around his arms. It was such a surreal thought, seeing Nico in the shirt, knowing he had taken care of his injuries while he slept. 

"Thanks." Percy said. 

Nico gave a small nod before changing the subject. 

"We should probably get going, especially since the whole scent thing." 

"Yeah, you're right. As usual." Percy grinned giving Nico a playful punch. Nico rolled his eyes as he stood up, offering Percy a hand. He took it.

Percy felt heat flow into his cheeks, as he and Nico began their voyage to the Phlegethon. They began to retrace their past trail, making small talk along the way. Finally, making it to the Phlegethon, Percy controlled the fiery-water flowing it between their lips. Percy choked on the water, the liquid burning his insides molding them together. After a brief coughing fit from Nico, they concluded to follow the Phlegethon. 

"If you think about it, we've never been on a quest together." Percy hummed.

Nico laughed, a warm happy laugh.

"Well if you can consider this a quest" he replied, stretching out his arms gesturing to the red plains and pointy peaks.

"Then we finally have been."

Percy grinned, "Too bad we didn't get a prophecy, or another set of hands."

Nico shrugged, his smile falling. 

"I think that we got lucky enough, with falling together" He blushed, before continuing.

"Last time I was pulled down alone, I think I would've died down here if you hadn't came with."

"You don't wish someone else fell with you?" Percy asked.

Nico met his eyes, 

"Well who better to have with me than the great Percy Jackson! The Hero of Olympus, child of 2 great prophecies!"

Percy laughed, "Who knew that Nico Di Angelo was my biggest fan!" 

A pink tint flew across Nico's face, clearly flustered which made Percy grin wider. 

"Man, it's crazy to think I've known you for two years, but I haven't really gotten to know you." Percy sighed.

"Well, to be fair you did lose your memory for like eight months." Nico replied.

"I still can't believe you lied to my face like that!" Percy teased.

"Dad wouldn't let me!" He pouted.

"Yeah I ended up getting sent on that crazy quest by Mars, having to travel across the ocean on the Roman armada which was severely lacking!" 

Then Nico stopped, Percy confused turned meeting Nico's eyes which glowed with thought. 

"I've got it!" Nico exclaimed.

Percy sent the Demigod a look saying 'I have no idea what you are talking about please elaborate.' Nico huffed but didn't stop to complain.

"We can make a boat! Surely there are less monsters on the water than on the regular land!" Nico rambled.

"We'll make it faster to the doors as well!" 

A bright smile hanging on Nico's face as he explained his plan. 'Nico's smile was nice, he really should smile more', thought Percy. 

Just then, a Percy heard a rustling. A large figure emerged from behind a rock, stepping on dead sticks as he moved. It was worse than a monster, it was a titan. It was Oceanus.

===========================================================================Hello friends! Thanks for reading, I wasn't really sure what to write for this one, so I decided to go with a bonding chapter between Perce and Nico. Really I feel like In a lot of Percico fanfics things escalate WAY TOO QUICKLY! So I'm hoping this is more realistic to how their friendship would eventually grow more romantic! Especially since Percy is still convinced Nico hates him ;-; Anyways as always: THESE WONDERFUL CHARACTERS BELONG THE AMAZING RICK RIORDAN! I only own this fanfic! ALSO- 6000 words :)

-LanLo <3