Chapter 59

After going our separate ways, Rick and I got in our own car, speeding down the roads to Alexandria

After going our separate ways, Rick and I got in our own car, speeding down the roads to Alexandria. It felt good to be back with Rick but terrifying at the same time. "You know, Negan might come for me. I was his only leverage."

Rick glanced at me before answering. "He probably won't even get out of there."

"If he does," I paused, swelling the lump in my throat, "Don't protect. He doesn't want to hurt me."

"You can't be certain of that," Rick said, hand tightening on the steering wheel.

"But I do. Rick, I got my own room. Sure, I was locked inside but every other prisoner had a cell with no windows and got crap food. Me? He gave me good food. Like, Negan or Simon personally cooked it," I explained.

"That doesn't mean he wouldn't kill you," Rick argued, never once looking at me.

"No, but I'm fairly certain he won't. Not after everything I went through with him. Sometimes, he let me in on their meetings," I said, turning my head to look at Rick's focused eyes.

"You're not going back to him. Not if I have a say in it," Rick told me firmly.

"All I'm saying is, if it's between your life and mine, let Negan take me. I can't handle another death," I sighed. Rick stayed quiet. "Shit, Rick. Look."

"I'm going to pull over, and you're going to fall me. Stay close," Rick ordered as we approached Alexandria. It was on fire, smoke filling the air. I climbed out of the car, cocking my gun. Rick motioned for me to follow him, running towards the entrance. The smoke helped mask our bodies, but it also stopped us from seeing very far ahead. We moved fast, heading into Grime's house. I pulled the front door behind me as we cautiously entered the house.

"Carl," Rick called out quietly. "Judith."

"Theo," I whispered, keeping my gun up and aimed.

"Michonne," Rick said, looking into the living room. It was empty.

"Rick I don't think they're he-" I gasped, cutting myself off as I was pushed into the wall. I heard a loud thud and lifted my head to see Rick on the floor with a shadow standing above him. My gun went off under the impact of my dropping it, but thankfully it didn't hit anybody.

"This shit isn't funny anymore," I heard Negan's voice, then a grunt from Rick. "Don't make me do this now, Rick. I got plans for you. Cut you up in little bitty pieces, feed you to the dead, and make you watch."

"Leave him the fuck alone," I breathed out, pushing myself to my feet. Negan smirked, landing a harsh kick to my stomach. I cried out, feeling the air leave my lungs as I hit the hardwood floor.

"Then, when you're some sort of screwed-up, creepy stump with a head," Negan paused as Rick stood, hitting Rick again. "That's when I'm gonna kill you in front of everybody."