Chapter 8

===========================♛===========================

"Where the hell did you get this watch?" Rick asked again.

"You want answers? You want anything else? You get 'em when you put down the gun," Alex said with his hands up.

"I see your man on the rood with a sniper rifle. How goods his aim? Where did you get this watch?" Rick asked. When Alex didn't answer, Rick yelled, "Where did you get the watch?!"

"Don't do anything! I have this! You just put it down! You put it down!" Alex yelled to the man on the roof. The sniper slowly lowered the gun. "You want to listen to me. There's a lot of us."

"Where did you get the watch?" Rick asked again, seeming to grow impatient.

"I got it off of a dead one. I didn't think he'd need it," Alex lied.

"What about the riot gear? The poncho?" Rick asked. These were all things we once had.

"Got the riot gear off a dead cop." Gareth's voice started us. I turned around, aiming my knife at him. "Found the poncho on a clothesline."

"Gareth, we can wait," Alex said quickly.

"Shut up, Alex," Gareth snapped.

"You talk to me," Rick said.

"What's there left to say? You don't trust us anymore," Gareth said. His hands were clasped in front of him.

"Gareth," Alex tried to say but was interrupted.

"Shut. Up," Gareth said, empathizing every word. 

"Gareth, please." Gareth held his hand up to silence Alex.

"It's okay. It's okay," Gareth said calmly. "Rick, what do you want?"

"Where are our people?" Rick asked.

"You didn't answer the question," Gareth said. He ignored Rick's question. Gareth closed his open hand and gunfire began. 

"Ah!" I cried out when I felt a bullet tear its way through my hip. 

"Rori," Michonne came over and swung my arm around her shoulder. 

"Carl! Get down, now!" Rick yelled, stepping in front of us. We began to run but snipers shot bullets in front of our feet. We turned and began to run the other way. We turned into a building, running towards a door that was slowly closing. We didn't make it.

"Here!" Daryl called out. There was metal fencing blocking a doorway. We tugged on it and it didn't budge. Rick pointed towards a door that read, "A."  I groaned as Michonne pulled me with her. Bullets were trailing behind our feet but none actually hit us. 

"Come on, this way!" Daryl yelled over his shoulder.

"Get them off B!" I heard Gareth yell. We turned down an alleyway as we were cut off by bullets. 

"Help! Help!" We all heard a woman yell. She sounded younger than Mary but older than me.

"What the hell?" Daryl huffed as we heard banging and more voices.

"Keep going!" Rick ordered and we turned back into a building labeled A. We ran into a room full of candles. 

"What the hell is this place?" Daryl asked. There were hundreds of candles. They all formed a circle.

"These people, I don't think they're trying to kill us," Michonne said. 

"No, they were aiming at our feet," Rick agreed.

"Feet? I got shot!?" I exclaimed. 

"They didn't mean to. I think they were aiming at your feet and accidentally hit you," Michonne said.

"There," Rick pointed at an exit. We heard the door lock and ran to the only other door. It led us back outside where gunshots started to go off again. We stopped moving when we saw people outside the gates. We were trapped.

"Drop your weapons! Now!" Gareth yelled. He stood on the roof with a gun aimed at us. Nobody moved. "Now!"  We all dropped our weapons. Michonne helped me unclip my throwing knives. They clattered to the ground with a thud.

"Ringleader, go to your left! The train car, go." Gareth ordered Rick. Rick glanced at the train car but didn't move. "You do what we say, the boy goes with you. Anything else, he dies and you end up in there anyway." Rick locked eyes with Carl and gave him a small nod before walking towards the train car.

Next was Daryl, "Now the archer." Daryl began to walk to the train car as well. "Now the samurai." Michonne started to move with me. "Leave the girl."

"No," Michonne said.

"Then the boy dies," Gareth said with a smirk. 

"It's okay. Go," I nodded. Michonne hesitantly let go of me and walked towards the train car. I gripped my hip to try and stop the bleeding.

"Now the girl," Gareth nodded at me. I began to walk to the train car, stumbling slightly. "Stand at the door, ringleader, archer, samurai, girl, in that order." Rick, Daryl, Michonne, and I formed a line in the correct order. I looked at Carl with fearful eyes. 

"My son!" Rick yelled to Gareth. Gareth didn't say anything for a moment.

"Go, kid." Carl didn't hesitate to make his way towards us. When Carl was halfway to us, Gareth started to order us around again. "Ringleader, open the door and go in."

"I'll go in with him," Rick argued.

"Don't make us kill him now," Gareth said immediately. Rick huffed angrily. He tore his eyes away from Carl and stepped up to the door. Rick yanked the door open and stepped inside. We all followed. Going up the steps was agony for me. The door was closed behind us as soon as we were in. I leaned heavily on Michonne. We heard a thud, then a light flickered on. 

"Rick?" 

"You're here," Rick said in relief. 

"Dad!" I cried, rushing forward. Well, more like stumbling forward. I nearly faceplanted several times before landing in mom's arms. I hugged her tightly. Dad was quick to join in. I peeled my eyes open slightly to see new people. I pulled away from Mom with a questioning look. 

"They're our friends. They helped save us," Mom answered. She leaned down and kissed me on my forehead.

"Yeah. Now they're friends of ours," Daryl nodded. I looked back at him with a smile.

"For however long that'll be," the guy with red hair and a red mustache said. He turned around and started to walk away.

"No," Rick said. His face held no emotion. Everybody turned to look at him, surprised. Rick didn't say anything for a moment. "They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out." Rick moved to peek out the crack of the door.

"Find out what?" The red hair guy asked, stepping forward. We all looked at Rick anxiously.

"They're screwing with the wrong people."

===========================♛===========================