29. Centaurs Are Good to Get Rid of Annoying People

{-} Piper {-}

  Leo laughed maniacally when he started setting fire to Umbridge's office. The Inquisitorial Squad weren't enjoy it as much as he did, actually their faces were a mask of horror when they knew what Leo was capable of. They weren't paying attention to Piper and her friends anymore, their main interest was getting Leo to stop the fire. Now, they could escape from the Slytherin's grasp.

  "YEAH, TAKE THAT YOU MAGIC DUMMIES, FACE THE POWER OF THE AMAZING SUPER-SIZED MCSHIZZLE, LEO VALDEZ!" Leo yelled, laughing, his hands ablaze.

  Piper was the first one to recover from the shock. She pulled Hazel and Jason, who were both beside her, to the exit. Ron led the other students, too, for he was the only one of them who knew that Leo could summon fire. Soon enough, they were all out of Umbridge's prison.

  "The fire won't hurt them... right?" Neville said anxiously, his round face was still quite purple from Crabbe choking him. Piper had never spoke to him, but she clearly remembers him from the DA sessions.

  Leo shut the door behind him. He shrugged. "They'll probably just get a few burns, nothing serious. Plus you wizard people probably have a fine extinguishing spell or something."

  "Uh... instead of talking shouldn't we, you know, get away from the Inquisitorial Squad? Just in case they catch us again. They can bust out of the room any moment," Will pointed out, eyeing the door.

  The others all nodded in agreement, except for Ginny, her arms were crossed and she was glaring suspiciously at the demigods.

  "I'll be waiting for an explanation about the fire erupting from Leo's hands, and all of the demigod stuff Umbridge mentioned," she told them. There was a fiery look in her bright brown eyes, as if daring any one of them to disagree.

  Piper patted her back. "We'll explain later, but we should deal with the more important stuff first, like getting away from the other Slytherins and catching up with Annabeth and the others."

  They left the corridor, going as far away as possible from the room. They came to a halt when something occurred to Percy.

  "Wait- how do we know where they are?" he asked, his brow furrowing.

  "They were heading to the Forbidden Forest," Ron answered, turning his head to look at Percy. "I saw them from the window."

  "But the forest is huge, how are we going to find them in there?" Frank questioned. Piper had to appreciate his optimism, it was very helpful.

  "I guess we'll see what happens when we get there," Alex suggested, making his way to the exit of the castle. Frank didn't look too fond of the idea but he still followed. That was their only lead so far so they could as well try. It was better than nothing after all.

  Piper had never entered the Forbidden Forest before, so she didn't know what expect. But apparently the forest looked just like how a creepy, out of limits forest would look like in a film. It was dark, the time being six in the afternoon didn't help much either. Dead plants covered the floor, the trees' hand-like branches seemed to be trying to grab them. Therefore, when she heard screaming coming from deeper into the forest, Piper wasn't startled.

  "Did you hear that sound?" Luna asked from behind her, they didn't need her to say that to know. It was clear that they weren't alone in the forest- and that was a good sign.

  "I bet that was Magnus," Alex decided, a smirk tugging at his lips.

  "It sounded like Umbridge, too," Nico realised. He pushed through the crowd of students and demigods, checking which direction the screaming came from. He pointed at the path in front of them, where the trees were getting closer into each other. "That way."