24. Whoops! Guess no More Dumbledore Army

{-} Hazel {-}

  Even though Hazel had only spent a few weeks at Hogwarts she was already excelling at most of their classes. It was probably because she already knew how to use the mist, it's quite similar with casting magic with wands.

  On the other hand, her friends weren't as lucky. Frank always had to come to her for his Charms homework and she even had to show both Will and Magnus how to transform a match into a needle, which was one of the most basic spells in transfiguration. (Professor McGonagall was giving them easy transformations on purpose.) Yes, they could cast spells by stating the action they wanted the wand to perform in Latin, but they still had to learn the original words they had to say in classes- that turned out to be a nuisance.

  Luckily Hazel could take a break from being a Professor once in a while when they had their 'illegal' DA sessions. They were currently learning about Patronuses, one of the most complex spells in the Wizarding World. Hazel managed to produce one, it turned out to be a horse, which at first glimpse she thought it was Arion.

  The lessons were all fun and they could actually learn something from them. But obviously, when something enjoyable happened while Umbridge was at Hogwarts, it always had to come to an end.

  "Hazel, I think I did it!" Frank called to Hazel. A bluish shape of a small elephant was coming out of his wand.

  Hazel went next to Frank and gazed at the elephant peering at them. With it's small body and big flappy ears it reminded her of that elephant film that everyone went crazy about back in 1941- Dumbo. 

  Before she could say anything to congratulate Frank, she heard the door of the Room of Requirement open and close. The room suddenly turned deadly quiet. Hazel looked over, she couldn't see anyone, but when she looked lower she caught sight of a sort of elf-ish creature, wearing about eight wooly hats.

  "Dobby?" Annabeth said, her owl Patronus fading abruptly.

  However, Dobby didn't pay attention to Annabeth. He went towards Harry and started tugging his robes with a trembling hand.

  "Hi Dobby!" Harry greeted him cheerfully, not noticing the sudden change of atmosphere in the room. "What are you- What's wrong?"

  The creature's eyes were wide with fear, trembling from head to toe. The Patronuses that the students had conjured faded away into silver mist, leaving the room looking much darker than before.

  "Harry Potter, sir..." it squeaked. "Harry Potter, sir... Dobby has come to warn you... but the house-elves have been warned not to tell..."

  Oddly enough, the elf ran head-first at the wall, Harry went to seize it but Dobby merely bounced off the stone, cushioned by his eight hats.

  "Man, that could've given it a good bruise," Hazel overheard Will saying under his breath.

  "What's happened, Dobby?" Harry asked, taking hold of the elf's tiny arm.

  "Harry Potter... she... she..."

  Dobby hit himself hard on the nose with his free fist. Luckily, Harry managed to catch that fist.

  "Who's 'she,' Dobby?" Harry continued pressing on, but it was clear that he knew who the elf was referring to.

  The elf looked up at him and mouthed wordlessly.

  "Umbridge?" asked Harry, horrified, reading the elf's lips.

  Dobby nodded, then tried to bang his head on Harry's knees. But Harry held him at arm's length.