Game of love

Depuis le début

"What the hell is wrong with you Neil?" Avni was frustrated. She hated the way Neil acted and none of his reasonings can justify his little acts.

"What the hell is wrong with me? You are asking that? What the hell is wrong with you, Avni?" Neil pushed DD and Reyyan away and got out of their hold. He was burning inside with rage and Avni was playing the clueless, dumb character -- it only pissed Neil more!

Knowing that if Neil is not stopped now, things will get out of control. Reyyan got in between Avni and Neil and put his hand on Neil's shoulder, stopping him from walking towards Avni.

"Neil stop acting like a child now, it's enough!!" Everyone knew better than trying to mind in Neil's business and no one cared what he did expect for the times when Avni was involved.

Avni was like a celebrity of their campus. Apart from having people follow her around like Neil, Avni the only person on the campus, who students had fan accounts of. Her pictures were being taken every second and no matter what happened to her every single second of the day, the news was being published on the main campus page.

For some, Avni was a icon, a inspiration and for some a source of gaining followers on social media, and no one let go of this chance.

Having Avni on your feed or story meant gain of at least a hundred followers.

Neil pushed Reyyan's hand away and looked him dead in the eyes, "I am acting like a child or her?!!" His voice was increasing with every word, and it did nothing but pushed Avni to the edge.

She closed her eyes and let her nails dig deep into her palms in a tight closed fist. She was collecting herself and mumbling few words which could not be heard by anyone around her.

Holding herself back from bursting, Avni opened her eyes, which were filled with so much anger and looked Neil death in the eyes. Seeing Avni like this was unusual for the boys. She was always calm and collective. No matter what happened, she never let her real feeling overtake, but today it was different.

AJ, Reyyan, and DD looked at each other with shock written all over their face, while Rahul shivered with the sudden coldness.

"Since I am a child here, I guess coming here to tell you about my whereabout should not be my concern. I should be acting like a child and going wherever the hell I want to go!!" Avni said those words in a high tone than she usually uses but made sure that the people who were making video from far away could not hear her.

Without caring about Neil, Avni turned around and walked back in the direction she came from. Seeing her leaving just like nothing happened, Neil was about to follow, but the boys stopped him.

Neil was burning in his fire of jealousy and the boys knew it. Following Avni now only meant throwing water over Neil's so-called plan --- which was already stupid in eyes of Reyyan.

...

People were dancing along the beats of the loud music playing in the club. Far in the corner, Avni was sitting on a table drinking along her friends. In a short period of time, Avni got closed with Rumi and Neha and got along better than expected. Everyone was fake or have their own motive and Avni can see it every clearly, while with Rumi and Neha, Avni like their aurora. There was something between them that clicked with she first saw them.

Neha was moving her body with the beat of the music playing in the club sitting on the table, while Rumi was going through her social media making weird faces. A look at Rumi and Avni started laughing forgetting her sour mood.

"What happened to you Ru baby?"

Rumi is very expressive person and cannot hide her expressions, no matter what the situation is. Rumi bite tongue and looked at Avni with a playful smirk, "Mr. little Khanna is under a lot of fire, are you sure you are not going to do anything?"