𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

≈☆≈

the press tour was close to being done, kaia having been on the jimmy fallon show with monica and tom, kaia doing a vogue interview when getting ready for a press day, and getting fitted for the london & san diego premiere.

the san diego premiere was first, and that would happen in about a week. kaia had gotten rarely any sleep, and when she did, it was because miles and glen forced her to do so.

speaking of miles, he had waited a little bit to tell keleigh how he really felt & ending their arrangement. kaia didn't mind, she wasn't going to be selfish. she knew that this thing needed some time, and she had accepted that. miles was grateful, honestly, because he was scared of keleighs reaction to the news.

kaia had told glen, whom had told danny, who told monica, and so forth. by now the cast knew, but they were overjoyed. some places bets (jay and tarzan) because they both knew at some point this would happen. yes, it was scandalous they all agreed as miles was engaged. however, they were happy because kaia could stop moping around all day.

now, one week out to the san diego premiere, kaia and glen were getting the house ready for a small get-together. the cast hadn't gotten fired of each other yet, which had amazed everyone. they all thought they would get tired of each other by now.

"glen?" asked kaia, as he turned to her. "did you get the alcohol?"

glen laughed, "of course i did."

"well, good. monica literally texted me an hour ago saying that she wanted to get shit faced."

"typical monica," glen laughed as he scrubbed the table. "so, i talked to miles yesterday. he got a big gig yesterday...apparently a music video."

kaia raised her eyebrows, "glen, what is it?"

"he didn't tell me the details! but...he did say that a female is needed..." glen trailed off.

"and what did your dumbass say?"

glen scoffed, "my ass is not dumb, but i said that you should do it."

kaia laughed. "glen we don't even know who this is for! yet you volunteered me for it, without my consent."

glen nodded with a smile.

"you're funny," chuckled kaia. "but i guess what is done is done."

"good, i bet you will think about me and my great decision making while on the set of it," he laughed, as kaia joined him as well.

kaia finished cutting up fruit, setting them in a bowl into the refrigerator. then doing the same with some of the food that required to be chilled. she then cleaned up her hands, and by now, glen had moved to wash the grill for later.

kaia walked over to the french doors leading outside and talked to glen, "hey, i'm going to go read for a bit before they show up. you good here?"

"i'm good, enjoy the book," he smiled, then went back to working on the grill.

kaia started up the stairs, and into her room. she had the book placed on her bed, it was by emily henry. her favorite author, she was one of her fans prior to beach read becoming a hit. but, she wanted to re-read it — so here she is.

after about twenty pages, her eyes started to close as she drifted off into a quick and relaxing nap.

• • •

"she's asleep," glen shrugged, as monica had asked him where kaia was.

"what? ill go wake her up," monica laughed, and headed upstairs.

monica had padded her way up to the stairs, while everyone was downstairs. everyone had just arrived, and the party was just about to get started. monica entered kaia's pristine room, and chuckled as she found kaia laying on her back. she was laying on her made bed, head turned towards the window, and her hands folded over her opened book.

"kaia baby," monica jokingly cooed. "time for your afternoon margarita."

kaia slowly started to wake up, and after the last sentence from monica she started to lightly laugh.

"rise and shine, bitch!"

"what time is it, mon?" asked kaia.

"it's time for you to get your ass up," she said, as she lifted up kaia's arms. "pick out the outfit, i'll wait for you on your bed," monica said, as she plopped down on kaia's bed, with a smile and picking up her book.

kaia laughed and went into her closet, picking out jeans and a green button up top. she slid on some sandals, and the two had finally walked downstairs. barely at the foot of the stairs, she saw tarzan taking three shots, danny doing just dance wir lewis, and glen and miles singing some harry styles song very loudly.

kaia turned to monica, "looks like it's going to be a severely long night."

"this is ridiculous. we need some drinks!" laughed monica pulling kaia with her.

• • •

"alright! everyone, let's toast to an amazing and tiring months of filming," yelled danny as they all sat with a drink in their hands, outside on the backyard patio.

everyone was pretty drunk, maybe except kaia and monica. but they were almost there. miles was sitting in one of the chairs, as kaia was on his lap with her head resting on him shoulder and his arm around her waits loosely. the moonlight was all that was lighting them up, along with the lights from the inside.

"whooo! we survived filming and intensive training!" yelled glen, as everyone else whooped.

"wait! i also have something to toast to," jay smirked, and looked over at the two cuddled into each other. "but before i mention that, my wife and i have officially picked our date for the wedding! watch out for those invites!"

everyone cheered and patted him on the back.

"so what were you going to say, jay?". asked monica.

"oh right," he said before lifting his glass in the air before talking. "to kaia and miles, finally getting their heads out of their asses and realizing that they actually have a thing for each other."

everyone cheered to that as kaia blushed, and dig her head into miles' neck as he chuckled.

"thank you, jay," laughed miles. "i also want to toast to another thing...i have officially ended my engagement to keleigh, just this morning."

this made kaia's head shoot up and look him in the eyes, as everyone else whooped for him.

"yeah?" asked kaia with a smile.

miles nodded and gave her a quick peck on the mouth.

"also, i was offered a new project," miles started. "it's small, but...it's a music video for taylor swift! and kaia is joking me!"

kaia's eyes went wide with shock and excitement. she didn't know what to feel. everyone else cheered so intensely, maybe the other side of the world heard. everyone wouldn't admit it, but they all loved taylor swift.

"WHAT?!," kaia yelled, and turned to hug glen. miles laughed. "THANK YOU FOR VOOUNTEERING ME WITHOUT CONSENT, YOU LITTLE PSYCHO!"

• • •