𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

≈☆≈

the hotel room was bustling. in the background, soft music was playing over the portable bose speaker. right now, it was 'lover' by taylor swift. kaia was sat in a makeup chair, already in her purple satin dress with minimal white heels. the ladies had fixed her hair in soft waves, and now she was waiting for her makeup artist to finish applying to her face.

today was the first day of the press tour! she hasn't had any contact with miles, and everyone else — well, she talked to them constantly. they were the people keeping her going, especially when the stress had hit her way too hard. glen and monica were her rock, but danny had also become so supportive to kaia lately.

on the other hand, miles was in the same position. getting his hair and makeup done, sitting in the chair with his thoughts. boy, did he want to kiss kaia that night. but as soon as she left his car, he looked down at the ring on his left finger. it was suffocating and constructing — almost like a snake trying to kill its prey. ever since then, he felt it weighed him down. which it did, and he was soon to do something about it.

"miles? it's time to go down," his assistant said to him from the door. miles nodded and got up, taking the elevator down to the first floor where the first part of the junket would be taking place.

on the way do the first floor, the elevator stopped on floor four. the doors opened, and miles paused , but so did kaia. both were admiring each other, it was so obvious. what they didn't know was that both of their assistants are actually friends, and always joke about them being together. but in actuality, they aren't joking — they want them to be together.

"oh, hey," kaia softly greeted, before stepping in ten elevator. "how is everyone?"

miles snapped out of his trance and blinked a few times, "hey.."

miles stepped to the side a bit more to give kaia and her assistant some room, kaia simply smiled at him.

• • •

"so, obviously, you two are love interests. and damn beautiful ones might i add!" the interviewer laughed, making them laugh even more across from her.

"well, thank you!" kaia smiled.

"i just want to know, obviously since miles you are married. was it hard to portray love for each other behind the camera?"

kaia has to hand it to the woman, straight to the point and brutally honest. she was sweet, though.

"um, yeah. i don't think we had much problem with it. we already have a strong appreciation for each other and portraying that in maybe a different angle wasn't so hard," said miles. causing kaia to smile and nod along. it was a good answer, she couldn't add on to it.

"that's awesome! the wedding scene had to be one of my favorite parts of the movie, what was your reaction to it?"

kaia smiled, "to be honest, we weren't aware of it until the time had come. when it did, my stylist had to send over dresses for me and be prepped for the scene. i was really overwhelmed at first because i would be acting out my first 'wedding' experience," kaia said making air quotes with her fingers. "but it was honestly...fun!"

she chuckled and the two did as well.

"i've got to say, you two have made major headlines," the interviewer said, making kaia and miles furrow their eyebrows. to be completely honest, the two hadn't opened up their social media the past few days. "all over apps such as tiktok and instagram, so many fans are creating edits and shipping you guys. even from the few seconds we get of you two in the trailer!"