𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

≈☆≈

two weeks later, kaia and miles were to meet up for their separate celebration of kaia's birthday. miles insisted, although kaia told him he didn't need to. as much as she wanted him to be with her, he kept persisting. he had felt bad enough.

kaia had gotten ready by now, and waited for miles to text her that he was parked in front. in jeans and a pale orange top, she walked into the kitchen to fill her water bottle that she would bring with her wherever miles would take her.

"aw, you look cute," glen smiled at her, looking up from his computer he was typing from. "ready for the day with sir teller?"

"ugh, why do you call him that?" kaia laughed. "but i'm ready, it's just a day out."

glen shot her an unimpressed look and scoffed. "just a day out with a man you've been pining after."

kaia playfully rolled her eyes. "oh, whatever."

kaia's phone had then buzzed with a text from miles saying that he had arrived.

"looks like prince charming is here?" glen asked with a smile, before starting to walk to kaia.

kaia nodded, and glen did too. glen have her a hug, before letting her go to miles.

"have fun! but not too much!"

kaia laughed and grabbed the house keys, and walked out. miles was standing outside of his car, leaning against it with his hands in his pockets. he looked up for his shoes and smiled at kaia.

"hey girl," he smiled, and opened his arms up for kaia to go in. she gladly did and hugged him tight and sighed.

"hey miles," kaia smiled and pulled away from his warm embrace.

"okay, so i thought we could start the day with iced coffee. sound good?" miles asked before stepping to the side and grabbing the handle of the car to open it. there he he's tired kaia to hop in.

as soon as kaia was in her seat, she smiled up at him and said, "sounds perfect."

• • •

"miles! you really are a child," laughed kaia.

it was a few hours later, the coffees were drunken and the two were now in the little beach towns of san diego shopping at the cutest little shops.

currently, they were in a hat shop. it consisted of so many different hats, you could find any hat you wanted here.

"what? it's a rooster hat. like a literal rooster on my head!" he smiled, making kaia chuckle at his antics.

then miles started off to the back of the store, making kaia raise her eyebrows. she followed him  by the route he had taken.

"miles what the fu-"

then there he was. stood with a golden metallic hat that looked like it had multiple shooting stars coming out of it.

"it's a sparks hat! it was meant to be," laughed miles. "put it on."

kaia didn't have time to reply, instead he had just placed the hat on her head without her answering . kaia laughed and watched as he stood in front of her to adjust it.

kaia took this moment to look at his face completely. his eyebrows were furrowed at he moved the metallic plush from the hat to the perfect places. his lips were pursed in concentration, making the beautiful scars on his face more visible. his eyes shines with every movement he made. kaia could fall in love.