𝐚𝐧𝐞

≈☆≈

"glen powell, i swear. if you don't stop singing 'danger zone' i will throw this speaker at your big head," kaia expressed to her lovely best friend and co-star. he was blasting kenny loggins big hit all throughout their shared kitchen.

glen sighed with a smile, looking out at the ocean in front of their beach house they had rented in san diego, while kenny loggins voice echoed through the kitchen. the two had been the best of friends since childhood, immediately building a bond at the middle school in austin, texas. from there, they both attended university of texas, becoming proud longhorns.

"just trying to get into character, and into the vibe, hon," glen winked over at kaia, who rolled her eyes with a smile. he was becoming hangman just a little too much.

"whatever. are you ready for tomorrow?" kaia questioned him.

glen nodded. "yeah. i just need to pack my script. are you all set?"

kaia was more than set. if anything she was already set two weeks ago. she was beyond excited to film top gun: maverick. when tom cruise pitched her this role, she did not hesitate. she had said yes as soon as he asked her.

kaia would be playing a character named lara moore , callsign "sparks". kaia loved the call sign, i mean she really did. when kaia said yes to the role, tom immediately gave her the call sign he said that 'spoke' to him.

tom cruise had a process, apparently. he had met all of the actors he wanted to cast first. from the minute he met them, he had said that a call sign had registered into his mind as soon as he met all of them. so then, kaia was playing 'sparks'.

"i'm pretty much ready," kaia shrugged. the cast had three months of training two weeks ago, and now they are getting ready to film the actual scenes. "just wondering who my love interest is supposed to be..." she mumbled.

"kai, i don't know about you, but i am PUMPED!" glen said gleefully, exclaiming the last part especially and running over to kaia and lifting her into a tight hug in the air. it took her out of her state of wonder about who her love interest would be.

kaia laughed uncontrollably along with glen who had put her down on the ground.

"as soon as you woke me up banging on my door, i knew you were pumped, glen," kaia said as she playfully rolled her eyes making glenn laugh.

"well, get ready for tomorrow hon. we got a blockbuster hit to film," glen winked at her and took off to finish cleaning the kitchen.

≈☆≈

it was seven in the morning, and the two had grabbed their day bags for the full day of filming ahead of them. they would reunite with the cast for the first time in two weeks. except that they hadn't just not seen each other for two weeks, they literally hung out at any available second they could get. they all got so close and there never was a dull moment between them.

kaia and glen had arrived to the front of set, but she didn't know some others had arrived at the same time too.

"kaia! glen!" monica barbaro yelled, walking over to the two with open arms. "it's been a minute." she joked as the three embraced into a tight group hug.

"oh sure. not like i saw you absolutely drunk off your ass three days ago on my couch," glen joked as the three walked towards the set.

monica scoffed, "at least i wasn't as bad as kai and miles. they were on top of the damn counters singing taylor swift songs," monica finshed, making glenn snort at the memory.