He saw Y/n leaning against the wall, exhausted. He came to her side, pulling her away from the wall. "I'm okay," she said, Techno shook his head taking her upstairs. She immediately passed out while he put her in bed, "jesus christ."

He thought this would be a one time thing, but this morning she was up at 4am. Y/n's 4am alarm started going off. She pulled Techno in more, not wanting to hear it. After a second she sat up, checking the time. "Baby," Techno whispered, "it's so early, why are you up?"

"Calvin made practice earlier.." She got up and Techno could hear the shower start to run. He was going to wait for her to leave, but accidentally fell asleep. When he woke up Y/n was gone, he checked the time. 10:46 am.

He got out of bed and decided to go buy some groceries. Techno was gone for about three hours and returned to an empty house. After he finished putting everything up he called Y/n. She actually was able to answer this time.

"Hello?.." She said quietly. Techno could hear her heavy breathing. "Baby," Techno said, "when are you coming home?" She picked up that he sounded a bit sad.

"I'll be there as soon as I can." She said, Techno could hear Calvin talking in the background, but couldn't make out what he was saying. "It's just been awhile, I guess." Techno mumbled, "I know," Y/n sighed, "I know. I'll make it up to you tonight." Techno didn't respond.

"I'll be home in ten minutes." Y/n said, "what? But you have never left practice early?" Techno furrowed his brows, "I'll fill in my time tomorrow. Start dinner, will you?"

"Uh, of course. Yeah, I'll make it now." Techno couldn't hold back his smile. "Okay, I'll be home soon." Techno could hear Calvin yelling, but Y/n hung up.

"Y/n, I swear to god if you walk off this track I'll make your practices a living hell." Y/n didn't know what was so different about this season. He's been draining her to prepare, was there a new rookie she should worry about? She didn't know and she didn't care. Right now her boyfriend needed her and she's not going to let him down.

"See you tomorrow, Calvin." Y/n said, walking off the track. "You're going to wish you never raced." Calvin yelled to her, "we'll see." Y/n grumbled, walking off the track and getting into her car.

At home

"Y/n," Techno said as she walked into the kitchen. He quickly walked up to her, pulling her in for a tight hug. "Are you alright?" He pulled away to look at her. "I'm okay, I'm going to take a quick shower though." He nodded and watched her walk up the steps.

After Techno finished dinner Y/n came downstairs. Her hair was wet and she was wearing his shirt. He smiled at her, "what?" She asked, "you look good." It always caught him off guard when he saw her in his clothing, but not in a bad way. No, no, no. He loved it, it made him feel comfortable. "I need to do laundry," she sighed. "Your clothes from this week are in the washer." Techno pulled out a chair for her.

"Thank you," she said, he nodded. "How has practice been? Anything new? Same old same old?" He asked, sitting across from her. "Something new everyday," she sighed. "Can I tell you secrets?"

"Well, I do know quite a few of your secrets." Techno said, "I don't know if I can do this anymore." Hi is fork stopped, "do what?"

"Racing," she mumbled. "Racing's your whole life, baby." Techno chuckled, but she didn't. "Something is wrong," she said, "what do you mean?" He asked, "I've never had to practice like this. Ever. Something is wrong. Someone is going to beat me next season."

"Who would beat you?" He looked up to her, but she was looking down at her plate. "A rookie, a oldie," she looked up into his eyes. "You."

He didn't say anything, "or I could get in another crash." She looked back down, "don't say that." He grabbed her hand, "I don't even care anymore." She squeezed his hand, "I don't care about racing. I'm so," she paused, "tired."