Curious, Piper lifted her head from the bed and looked at me.

"Now that Harry's back, Aunty Ash and Uncle Aidan can go back home. And then Harry will look after you while Aria and I are in the hospital."

Piper gasped, and a smile immediately spread across her face as she looked back at Harry. "Really, daddy?!"

"Yep," Harry smiled back at her, "just you and me, sweetheart. And we'll visit mummy and Aria every day in the hospital until they can come home."

Piper burst into ecstatic giggles and ran up to him before throwing her arms around his waist and resting her head against his stomach. Harry chuckled fondly and crouched down to her level so that they could have a proper cuddle.

"I know you'll be just as good for Harry as you were for Uncle Aidan and Aunty Ash," I told Piper with a smile, "just make sure you go to bed on time, and always listen to your father."

My breath then hitched as I suddenly realized what I had just said. Even Harry looked at me with raised eyebrows but with a small smile playing at the corner of his lips.

Oh my God.

I think that was the first time I've ever called him Piper's father right in front of her...

"I will!" Piper didn't seem to notice what I'd said at all and excitedly wrapped her arms around Harry's neck, "Promise!"

Harry and I looked at each other again and exchanged loving smiles.

He's always been Piper's dad in my eyes, anyway.

***

~Harry~

"Are you guys heading straight back to Worthing, then?" I asked Aidan as I helped Leah ease Aria back into her little cot.

"Yep. Our stuff's all been packed up. We got a long drive ahead of us, so may as well get to it," he replied, "thanks for letting us use your spare room, mate."

"Oh, thank you for house-sitting. And babysitting, for that matter," I looked down at Piper and smiled, "you and Ashley have been amazing, Aidan. I can't thank you both enough for what you've done for us."

"Don't mention it. We're all family here. Families help each other," Aidan smiled at me and patted my back, "we're just glad you made it back safely. It's all on you now, daddy-o. Best of luck to you."

I chuckled. "Thanks, mate."

He and Ashley both said their final goodbyes to Leah – while also giving little kisses and cuddles to baby Aria. Once they were gone, I took Piper's hand and looked down at Leah.

"So...it's getting kinda late..." I bit down on my bottom lip, "I guess we should get going, too..."

"Yeah, you guys should," Leah smiled at me softly, "go home and get some dinner into you. It's been a long day."

"It just feels so wrong to leave you and Aria here like this..." I lowered my eyes, "we should be going home together."

"I know, honey," Leah reached out and gently took my free hand, "but it's only a week. Even less if we're lucky," her smile grew, "we'll all be together soon."

"We'll visit you and Aria every day, mummy!" Piper beamed at her, "And I promise I'll be good!"

Leah chuckled. "You don't have to promise me, snug-bug. I know you will. Now, can I have a cuddle before you go?"

Piper immediately nodded and climbed onto Leah's bedside to wrap her arms around her and nuzzle her face into the crook of Leah's neck – causing me to smile instantly.