ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

Warning: there is some Mature content in this chapter

Warning: there is some Mature content in this chapter. I'll put a ★ where it starts and a ☆ where is ends

One Month After Cotillion

February 19, 2023

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"Evie...it needs to be perfect!" Carlos exclaimed, running his hand through his hair as he paced back and forth in the kitchen of Evie's new 'stater castle'. Evie sighed, shaking her head. "Carlos, have you met me? Everything I plan is perfect!" She replied.

"Yeah, I know. But tomorrow is her birthday and I don't wanna mess this up! I mean, I'm already nervous as hell!" Carlos stated, throwing his arms out to his sides. Dude laughed as he sat down next to the counter. "I love watching him freak out!" He commented, earning a slight glare from the blue haired girl.

"Hey, hey, hey." Evie repeated, walking over and placing her hands on Carlos' shoulders. "I need you to calm down and take a few deep breaths." She instructed. Carlos nodded, closing his eyes and taking a few deep breaths.

"Okay. So how about you run me through the plan for tomorrow? It might help you calm down a little." Evie said. Just then Jay walked in. He clapped his hands on Carlos' shoulders with a small laugh. "Don't tell me you're nervous? I mean, I will totally drive the getaway car if you plan on ditching." He said.

Carlos rolled his eyes, shoving Jay's hands off his shoulders. "You won't even be there. And I don't plan on ditching on my princess' birthday." He replied. Jay raised his hands up in mock surrender. "I'm just saying that if you need me to...I'll hide in the bushes with the limo keys ready to drive you away if you chicken out." He muttered.

Evie walked over, smacking Jay upside the head. "He's not ditching! He's just a little nervous but when tomorrow comes and Brooklyn's standing right in front of him, he'll realize there's nothing to be nervous about. Right, Carlos?" She asked, turning to give the white haired boy a pointed look. "Uh, yeah. Yeah." Carlos nodded, a small soft smile pulled at the corner of his lips. "She...she always makes me feel better. But I'm still freaking out because what if she doesn't like it?" He asked, starting to pace again.

Dude trotted over as he spoke. "Man, you need to get over it. Brooklyn's not gonna break your heart and leave you stranded at the Enchanted Lake." he said. Carlos' eyes widened as he stopped pance to look down at the talking dog.

"W-What if she does? I mean, for all I know she could hate the foods, and the gifts, and the ring! She could hate the ring! Then what would I do? Huh? Just run off and hope that Jay's actually in one of the bushes? Or even worse! She could say no! And then I'd be running off looking through the bushes, with a broken heart, while she's standing there thinking I'm an idiot who runs away after being rejected, searching through bushes!" Carlos rambled, switching his gaze from Dude, to Evie, and then to Jay.