𝔼𝕡𝕚𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅

October 09, 2023

"I-I can't do this." Brooklyn said, shaking her head. "Hey, hey." Carlos said, cupping her face. "Yes you can. I know you can." He whispered, resting his head against hers. "Oh, easy for you to say. You don't have to push a tiny human out of a small hole in your body!" She hissed, squeezing his hand as another contraction hit.

"You're right. I don't but in just a few minutes, we'll be able to hold our little princess in our arms." He said. Brooklyn nodded as Amelia entered the room, checking to see how dilated she was. "Okay, you're ten centimeters dilated, which means you can start pushing." Amelia said, putting gloves on and sitting down in front of Brooklyn's opened legs.

"Okay, so on your next contraction, I'm gonna need you to push." She said. "Okay." Brooklyn panted, holding Carlos' hand tightly, while clenching her teeth and pushing. "That's it, there you go." Amelia encouraged. "Just a few more pushes, and you can hold your little girl." She said, smiling up at the newly married couple. Brooklyn spent the next ten-ish minutes pushing. "Okay, Brooklyn. One last big push and your little girl will be in your arms." Amelia said. Brooklyn shook her head, leaning back on the hospital bed. "No. No, I can't." She huffed. "Yes you can." Amelia replied.

"You got this, Lovie." Carlos said, kissing Brooklyn's shoulder. "Okay." Brooklyn nodded, screaming as she put her all into the last push, slouching back on the bed, letting out a crying laugh as she heard her daughter's cries. Carlos moved to cut the cord, before rejoining his wife's side, as Amelia handed Brooklyn her newborn.

"Hi, baby." She cooed, smiling down at the bundle of joy in her arms. Carlos smiled at his girls, tears rolling down his cheeks. He moved to sit next to Brooklyn, wrapping an arm around her shoulders, looking down at this little princess. "Hi, Princess." He whispered, reaching out and caressing his daughter's cheek. "She has your freckles." Brooklyn gushed, smiling up at her husband. "And she has your nose." She replied, pecking Brooklyn's nose.

***

It's been a few days since Brooklyn gave birth. Carlos, Brooklyn and their daughter were on their way to Evie's to introduce their friends to their new niece. "They're here! They're here! They're here!" Dude cheered, running up to the door as it opened. "Hey, Dude." Brooklyn smiled, picking up the small dog, since Carlos was carrying the car seat, holding their daughter. "Oh, let me see my niece." Ben said, as the couple made their way into the living room.

"Brooklyn laughed as Carlos set the car seat on the coffee table, unstrapping the small child, and carefully handing her over to her uncle Ben. "Aww! She's adorable!" Uma, Mal, Evie, and Sabrina gushed, looking at the small child in Ben's arms. "So, what's this little rascals name?" Jay asked, patting Carlos on the back.

Brooklyn and Carlos shared a look before smiling. "Maria Cameron De Vil." The two said in unison. "Aww. That's adorable!" Evie said, as she was handed the baby. "Hi, Maria. I'm your Auntie Evie. I'll teach you everything there is about sewing!" She whispered, kissing Maria's little chubby cheeks. Everyone took turns holding and gushing over the new addition to their family.

"Oh, we have a surprise for you guys." Sabrina spoke up. "Oh, yeah." Uma nodded. "So while you guys were at the hospital, Mal, Evie, Sabrina and I redid one of your extra bedrooms into a little nursery for this cutie." She said, rocking the baby back and forth. "You guys didn't have to do that." Brooklyn said, shaking her head. "We wanted to." Mal spoke. "Let's go. We wanna see your guys' reactions!" Sabrina cheered, jumping to her feet, while Uma handed Maria back to her m0ther, who strapped her back into the car seat.

***

"Oh my gosh! You guys! This is perfect!" Brooklyn exclaimed, looking around the nursery. "Yeah, it took us a while, but eventually we finished." Mal said. "Maria has the best Aunts ever." Carlos said, wrapping his arms around Brooklyn from behind, smiling down at his daughter, who was in his wife's arms. "Well, we're glad you like it." Evie said. Thank you guys." The couple said, smiling over at their friends.

***

***

It was now night time, and Brooklyn had just placed a sleeping Maria in the bassinet next to her and Carlos' bed. Carlos was already laying in bed, a smile on his face as he watched his wife rock their little princess to sleep. Brooklyn quickly changed into a pair of Carlos' boxers and one of his shirts before climbing into bed, cuddling up to his side.

"I love you." She whispered, kissing him softly. "I love you too." He replied. "This is our life now, Lovie." She sighed, resting her head on his chest. "Yeah." Carlos nodded. "It is. And at the end of the day...I'm forever happy I fell in love with The King's Sister." Carlos said, kissing Brooklyn softly.

Word Count: 852