1.10

Peter was silent as he sat in his truck, staring up at the Gilbert home

Peter was silent as he sat in his truck, staring up at the Gilbert home. He debated whether he should actually go inside or not, but eventually climbs out of the large truck.

Stepping onto the porch, Peter unlocks the door, knowing that since it was the middle of the day, no one would be home. The boy enters the house, and immediately goes to the kitchen, pulling a Dr. Pepper from the fridge. As he opened the can, he pulls out his phone and calls his aunt. The line rang only once before Jenna picked up the phone.

"Pete?" Jenna asks, concerned for her nephew. Although she was relieved that Peter was okay, she was also enraged at the teen for just leaving. But that was a conversation for later.

"Hey, I'm home." Peter simply spoke, taking a sip from the can in his hand.

A sigh of relief escaped Jenna's lips. "Jeez kid, you've really worried me! You can't just leave like that, what if something happened to you?"

"I know, I'm sorry Aunt Jenna." Peter frowned, knowing he'd upset her a great deal with this disappearance.

"Well you better be at the house when I get there, you understand? You're...." Jenna pauses on the other end, wondering if grounding the eldest Gilbert kid would even be effective. "Grounded. You can't go anywhere."

"What about school and my job?" Peter asks, not really concerned about the rest of football season.

"Except school and work." She sighs. "And no tv."

"There's nothing ever good on tv anymore." Peter points out.

"Well no laptop."

"I'll need my laptop for school work I have to make up on."

"Then no..." Jenna searched her brain, trying to think of something, finally she lets out a loud groan. "I give up."

Peter chuckles lightly. "It was a good try, though. I promise I'll be here when you get back, I just wanna go see Elena and Jeremy— they should be out of school about now."

"Behave, and pick up your homework. You should have plenty. I told the school you had mono. Didn't really want everyone to know you just disappeared for two days." Jenna said, making Peter nod from the other side of the phone.

"Alrighty." Peter said, mumbling a thanks and a goodbye before hanging up quickly. Although Peter knew he needed to change his clothes, he decided against it. He recently purchased the new articles of clothing this morning and after last night, he was now dressed in dark blue jeans, a grey t-shirt, and a navy jacket.

Right now, he just wanted to see his sister and brother. He missed the two of them a great deal.

It was weird, how Peter could be annoyed and irritated with them and then be away from them for a while and miss them the amount he did. Of course, thinking about his siblings, made him think about his family, and his family made Peter think about his doppleganger and what they discussed yesterday.