1.08

///a/n: i lowkey feel like you guys might hate me for this chapter...///

Peter jerked awake the following morning, a loud gasp escaping his lips, a scream of terror following shortly after

Peter jerked awake the following morning, a loud gasp escaping his lips, a scream of terror following shortly after. Fear coursed through his veins, and his surroundings weren't as he remembered them. His cheek was still scraped and had dry blood caked around the wound.

Elena bursts through the door, having woken up an hour before. "Peter, hey Pete! It's okay.. It's okay."

"What- What happened? How'd I get here? I remember...." Peter pauses, looking up at his sister with tears in his eyes. He could recall the previous night's events easily and the memories left him horrified. "What- What did I do?"

"You... You were just trying to protect me, Peter." Elena spoke softly, concerned about how he was going to react over what she had to tell him next.

"But I-" He stopped, his mouth was open, but not words formed from his lips. It was like he couldn't speak- it only got worse as the horrible memories flooded his mind. He... mystically levitated a stake and drove it through his best friend's sister, he drove it through his brother's girlfriend, he killed Vikki Donovan.

"No, no, no, no!" Peter kicks away his blanket, struggling to rise from his bed. He couldn't have actually killed her, Peter wasn't that kind of person- he wasn't a murderer!

"Peter- Peter, stop!" Elena places her hands out to try and stop her twin. "Please, you have to calm down!"

"Calm down? Calm down?!" Peter questions his sister, now standing, wondering how she could even look at him. He was a monster. "How can I calm down after what I've done, Lena? Jeremy is never going to forgive me. And Matt- God, poor Matt."

"No Peter, listen! Please." She begs, hoping that Jeremy didn't become curious about what was going on in the eldest, Gilbert boy's room. "Jeremy doesn't know."

"How can he not know, Lena? I killed her right in front of him, in front of you!" Peter shouts, his eyes a bright red, he arms gesture towards the closed door and towards Jeremy's room.

"I had Damon compel him to forget." Elena explains bluntly, lowering her voice.

Silence fell between the two. At first, Peter didn't think he heard her right, he thought- maybe she had misspoke or said something else but the longer she stared back at him, the more he could see that she was speaking the truth.

"You did what?" Peter's breathing became heavy and uneven as he filled with rage. He couldn't believe that Elena would do something like this- not only to their younger brother, but to him. Actually, that was a lie. He could believe she would do something like this, because Elena likes to decide things for other people, she likes to control situations and other people; and this only made him all the more angry.