CSR: WHEN THE DEAD TALKS

Start from the beginning

One more thing, the person sent the voice message to someone named Odasaku. Who is it? Maybe that's his friend? Chuuya doesn't know and he doesn't want to know about it. Maybe it's really a one-time wrong number mistake. Yes, it's probably a mistake but Chuuya doesn't want to call it a prank. The voice of the person talking on the other line sounds too sincere for the voice message to be considered a prank.

Though whoever it may be, Chuuya hopes that that person will be able to sleep and rest tonight.

"Odasaku, I visited Lupin earlier but you and Ango were no longer there. The atmosphere in that bar never changes, although the warmth that it used to give before lessens a little. The bartender gave me his usual glance when I ordered my drink— ah, maybe he's a bit curious as to why I'm there. It's almost a year and there's still no place in this world that can fill the emptiness like what you've stated. It's almost a year, and I don't think I'm still on the side of light like what you've wanted. It's funny how there will never be anything that can surpass my mind. Maybe you're right, Odasaku, no... I know you're right. I will linger in the darkness forever— is it the fate that I'm meant to face? I hope I can talk to you about it right now with a glass of whiskey."

Chuuya puts down his phone as he sighed. His heart tightens as he hears those words. It's 2:14 am— and it's been a year since he bought this phone. He put the phone back to the side table as he lay down on his bed. His heart is painfully beating for the person talking in the other line. Chuuya doesn't know why but in a span of a year, things are slowly changing within him.

At first, he thought that the voice messages were all a product of some wrong sent mistake but since the day he bought the phone, he always received voice messages from an unknown someone. Sometimes, the voice messages are sent at random time of the day, but most of the time, the voice messages are sent every 2:00 am onwards everyday. Chuuya would be lying if he'll say how he didn't search for the history of his phone.

He remembers how he traces the real owner of this second hand phone but after a week of tracing it, he finds out that the phone is from a raided place where deaths are also recorded. It is one of the things that shocks Yokohama's news outlet for a week. It is the Mimic incident where there's a drug bust operation and a lot of people died. The phone is from the person involved in the incident. Chuuya doesn't need to be intelligent enough to know how this phone probably belongs to the man named Odasaku, whom the messages pertain to. He searches for the man as well but he can't find any information about the man's information or whereabouts, so after a week of searching and tracing things off, Chuuya finally stops.

He stopped, but he continuously receives the voice messages everyday for Odasaku.

If you are wondering about the greatest mystery of it all? It is the sender himself. Chuuya never knows the real name or the identity of the man, but he pretty much knows almost everything within the man's heart and soul because of the messages. In the span of years listening to the man, Chuuya understands what the person is going through. He was an empty shell, a soul searching for salvation. He wants to reach for the light, he wants to be in the light.

Chuuya hears and listens to everything that's been sent to him. Every day. Every single day. At first, it is annoying because why would a total stranger send him voice messages that's not exactly for him and those voice messages resemble a diary itself? Chuuya hears and knows what is given to him. Whenever he's at work or whatever time of the day he'll receive a message, it's either he will be greeted by a very cheerful voice filled with random stories that Chuuya gladly listens to every time or a calm and serious one filled with agony.