mono

a reimagining of the scene where ranboo falls into the tube in the egg meeting room.

---

He tripped and fell.

That's how he remembers it, which is already an unreliable source of information. It only happened a moment or so ago, but there's already so much happening that Ranboo isn't sure he'd remember everything that occurred if he specifically tried to.

He peers up the long, obsidian tunnel and ignores the buzzing he feels all around him as he tries to judge what's going on up in the egg meeting room. He hears shouting, though he isn't sure whether that's coming from up there or in his head, the clash of blades and the sounds of fighting. He grimaces and tries to see if he can get a good hold in on the walls, but the bumps and crevices aren't deep or wide enough for him to get a good grip on. He doesn't have his trident -- of course, the one time he forgets it at home is the one time he needs it for something other than fast transportation.

The buzzing in the tips of his fingers and ears and nose and all the ends of his body grows slightly more intense as he hears a loud, feminine scream coming from up above and an ominous scraping noise that grows more distant as time over the course of a few seconds. He hears a muttered profanity from above (which surprises him, coming from Techno) as his footsteps start to fall away from the room before running back.

Techno pokes his head over the hole, looking slightly concerned for Ranboo as he yells, "You okay down there, Ranboo?"

The boy blinks (inwardly, of course) and nods slowly before quickening and calling back, "Yeah, I'm fine! Do you, um -"

"Ranboo, I would love to make conversation, but that guy just grew like..." Techno runs a hand through his hair and looks up almost exasperatedly, looking stressed. "Four? Five feet? And you know Puffy, she's tiny, and he just started dragging her away by the hair and left Ant on me --"

"You -- he what?" Ranboo lets slip in awe. "Is Puffy okay? Where is she, where're Ant and Bad?"

Techno huffs. "They left with her, I don't -- are you okay? Can you stay down there for a few minutes while I go and save 'er? I'll come right back for ya, but I can't just leave her with a literal demon, she's an ally, you know?"

Ranboo nods without thinking. "Yeah, g-go ahead, I'll be fine!" He says, sticking up a thumb. "I don't think the egg can actually affect me, maybe it's some weird enderman stuff, but I've never heard it talk before. Just go, it's okay!"

Techno falters before moving out of view, starting to run away and calling, "I'll be back in a sec', Ranboo!"

The hybrid pauses before sighing. "Yep. Just a sec," He mutters under his breath, and the buzzing grows stronger. He contemplates sliding down the walls of the box (is it a box? the tube?) and sitting to rest his legs, but then he realizes that sitting on the egg wouldn't be the best of ideas, no matter how immune he thinks he is.

The feeling in the tips of his fingers starts to burn and grow slightly painful, and he glances down at his hands and lets out a bit of a startled gasp. On the white side, they're red, and on the black, they're green, as that's how his blood works, but they're far more flushed than they usually are, as if he just hit them against something. He winces as the buzzing, burning feeling grows, and he suddenly realizes that he might not be all that immune to the egg at all. He can practically see the contained spores in the air around him, it makes it smell sickly sweet and makes the boy feel dizzy. It tickles his nose and he scowls, scrounging through his inventory for anything that could help him get out of this ridiculous predicament that he got himself in. Bad wouldn't have been able to knock him into the hole, he's positive that he was across the room. He was just clumsy and lost his balance and...