count the days (unf.)

Dream is not used to being threatened.

Or, rather, he's used to being threatened and not having to pay any mind, not having to even bat an eye because he was too powerful to be affected. He could brush off threats like dust and never have to think of them again simply because of the raw, unfettered power he held within his palm.

Now, for the first time in his life, he feels powerless in front of Quackity -- or, to be more accurate, the emotionless thing Quackity had become after all these months, a husk of the fun-loving, silly man Dream was familiar with that is unable to feel empathy, unable to really feel anything aside from drive and want and hate and anger. Everything else is smothered because it gets in the way. Anything that would normally be able to empathize with is seen as a weak point he can exploit.

But of course, no matter how you put it, it's still Quackity. It's still the 5'1" boy that was seen half-naked half the time, who sang songs he made up on the spot with an old guitar that he knew how to play far better than he let on, it's still Quackity who is threatening to torture Dream every single day until he gives up the information on how to use the revive book, as much as the masked man would love to deny it.

Although the 'don't get tortured' option sounds ideal, Dream refuses to give up his leverage. He's nothing without being able to control people with what they care for, and if Quackity has that book, he's useless. It makes Dream's blood boil to think about the nerve, the audacity that Quackity has. His anger smothers his respect.