golem

Dream gives Ranboo a reminder.

---

"I...am a god, Ranboo."

"That wasn't being questioned."

Ranboo, frankly, never thought he'd be having a peaceful one-on-one with Dream. He never thought he'd be able to talk to the man in general, definitely not having a conversation with him. But apparently the godling had different ideas, because he showed up at Ranboo's doorstep five minutes ago and invited himself in.

At first, he thought it was a mistake -- he does live right next to Techno and Phil, and his little home has the same aesthetic, but the fact that when he saw the taller boy he smiled from under his mask and let himself inside kind of destroyed that blissful theory.

"I have something I wanna tell you," he'd explained, and Ranboo gave him next to no time to make himself comfortable before asking him, "Why are you always in my head?"

Dream looked at him, slightly startled and slightly bemused. "Pardon?"

"Why me? Why are you always in my head, what did you do to me, Dream?" He pressed, making sure to stay as far across the room from his as possible. "Why can't you leave me alone?"

Dream gave him a small smile and gave him the maddeningly vague answer, and Ranboo immediately fired back.

The hybrid sighs as Dream continues, "Let me finish. I am a god --"

"You're a godling," Ranboo interrupts. "If you were a god, we'd be so much more screwed, and I'd know it."

" Ranboo," Dream snaps, and the boy in question feels a cold hand close around his heart, of fear or of something else, he doesn't know. "Shut up and let me talk."

He opens his mouth to respond before clamping it shut and nodding. Dream sighs and runs a hand through his hair in abject exasperation. "As I was saying, I'm a god. And frankly, I have no idea what you're talking about, but I can guess. It has something to do with your memories, am I right?"

Ranboo tilts his head to the side.

"You can talk now."

"Yes, it's about my memories -- every time I go into my panic room, I -- I hear this voice, and it sounds like you and...it tells me things." Ranboo takes in a shaky breath, glancing to the side. "Things that I did -- or, no, I didn't do them, I couldn't have done them." The hybrid boy looks at Dream with an inkling of hope in his eyes. He knows more than anyone that the man is awful and deserves the worst, but part of him hopes, prays that he'll wave off whatever Ranboo is saying, telling him that it's nothing to worry about, that they've never even talked before now (because they haven't, right? Ranboo doesn't remember ever speaking with him face-to-face...)

Instead, Dream grins. "Well...if the voice is telling you that you...mmm...blew up the community house? Gave me a majority of the TNT I used to destroy L'Manburg? Uh...gave me your memory book? Then you did do them. 100%."

Under any other circumstance, Ranboo would have felt shattered. He'd probably start panicking, or vehemently denying it, showing any sort of resistance, but at this point? After being in the room so many times and seeing the chest and really thinking over the situation? His shoulders merely slump, and his face falls to the point of him looking like he hasn't slept in eons. "Oh."

"Yep," Dream says, rolling on the balls of his feet and popping the 'p.' He looks relaxed, hands in his pockets and a light smile permanently on his face, though that might just be a normal thing for him. As far as Ranboo knows (which, clearly, is very little), he's only seen Dream in person twice -- and has only seen him seriously angry once. But when he isn't...no, he always has a smile. "You are...a very helpful character, Ranboo. And honestly, I'm just doing this because I want to see what happens. Seems like it'll be interesting."