welcome to the panic room

Ranboo disappears amidst a blizzard, and Phil thinks it's about time to find out where he's going.

---

"Ranboo? Ranboo?"

Phil scowls into the snow, lowering his gloved hands from being cupped around his mouth and frowning slightly at the sudden disappearance of the enderman hybrid. There would be no reason for him to go outside in this blizzard -- in fact, Phil would've assumed that he'd be particularly averse to it, given that snow is just frozen water. It's stinging Phil's skin and he's mostly human, he can only imagine what it'd be doing to the boy's right.

He thinks about the situation. He's already looked in Ranboo's house, all over Techno's house, the villages, hell, even the igloos, but the kid is nowhere to be found. He has no idea why he's feeling this concerned since it isn't unusual for him to disappear like this, but the fatherly half of him wants to know exactly where he's running off to all the time. And it's not like he just goes and comes back normally -- Ranboo often drags himself back, not wearing any armour or winter wear and being in an almost vegetative state before hiding in his house for the rest of the day. He's never asked him -- he didn't find it to be his place -- but leaving in the middle of one of the worst blizzards Phil has seen on the server? The curiosity is too strong, and the concern is overwhelming -- what could possibly be so important?

Phil pulls his last resort from his pocket -- a compass, with a purple needle that's pulling to the left. Phil narrows his eyes before furrowing his brows together and pocketing the tool. He got another one for Techno, since nobody's actively looking for him, and when he was making it, Ranboo had quietly asked Phil to make a compass that points to him. When Phil had asked why, he gave some flimsy response about his memory getting too bad at a point where he can't find his way home, in which case he wants someone to be able to find him.

Phil knew that that wasn't the reason -- his memory doesn't even work like that, for Christssake -- but he didn't want to elaborate, so he didn't ask. Was it, perhaps, for a moment like this?

But the compass points directly towards L'Manburg -- and Phil has no idea what Ranboo would be doing hanging around there, it's just a crater at this point. Nevertheless, he wants to find out, so he gets in a boat and starts to make the long(ish) journey back.

Upon arriving at L'manburg's docks, the compass still pulls itself ahead, and Phil is wondering exactly where this kid could be. It's still pointing towards a watery area, so he walks along the edge of the shore and frowns when the needle starts to turn. He's...next to the ocean, where could he possibly be?

Feeling a bit of slight panic, he dons his waterproof armour and plunges into the water, looking around for signs of anyone and taking glances at the compass, which leads him...

Phil squints through the darkish water and frowns, looking at a ring of obsidian jutting out from the natural stone. He swims his way over to it, glancing at the compass that leads him directly into the room. He steps in through the entrance, shaking instinctually even though there's next to no water on him because of his armour. His eyes dart around the room, looking for the missing boy inside -- and he finds him.

Ranboo, water dripping out of his hair and clothes looking as if they were just dunked into a pool and only slightly wrung out, sits with his knees pulled up to his chest in a corner of the little room mumbling something or another under his breath.

As much as Phil would love to look at the messages scribbled in white across the deep purple walls, -- he catches 'You are fine' and 'Dream is the reason' pretty clearly out of the corner of his eye -- the kid is of far greater concern as of right now. Phil crouches and whispers, "Hey Ranboo, you okay?"