The Big Kahuna

Selene POV

I finished my trial and Captain Ilima told me that barricades were put up on certain routes where strong Pokemon live. Anyone can pass through if they're accompanied by a strong trainer or clear a trial. He opened up the barricade for me and Kukui came by.

He showed me how to use Z-Moves. I had to touch the Z-Crystal on my bracelet and pour my emotions in it and it flows into my Pokemon. I do a sort of dance and this causes my Pokemon to gain the power necessary to use the move. He then asked me to go find Lillie on Route 3.

I agreed and began walking around. I battled some trainers before reaching a cave that turned out to have a whole meadow inside.

Lillie:"Oh dear..."

"Lillie?"

Lillie heard my voice and turned to me.

Lillie:"Oh Selene, thank goodness."

"What's wrong?"

Lillie:"It's Nebby. It jumped out the bag again."

"Oh no. I'll go get it."

Lillie:"Thank you. But the thing is, Nebby jumped out because of someone."

"Did they frighten it?

Lillie:"No. More like excited it. Nebby met this boy and took a liking to him. The professor said it probably had to do with his aura."

"His aura? Who is this boy?"

Lillie:"His name is (Y/n). You'll meet him if you help him chase after Nebby."

(Y/n)? But he's just a tourist. Right?

I cleared my thoughts away and ran after Nebby. I crawled through a hole and saw (Y/n) with a strange duo I met previously.

?:"Ah, Alola, trial goer."

??:"Alola!"

??:"Alola!"

Nebby was floating close to (Y/n)'s face as he narrowed his eyes at the strange pair

Dulse:"I think it is time we introduced ourselves. I am Dulse. And this here is Zossie."