twelve

chapter twelve:and it was like slow-motion── © websofopacity ──

chapter twelve:
and it was like slow-motion
── © websofopacity ──

Allison twisted the knob on the television volume up as the Hargreeves siblings gathered around the screen to listen to the reporter

"Authorities are asking for help identifying several persons of interest at Dealey Plaza at the same time as the assassination," the reporter said. "The FBI believes they may have been acting in concert with the alleged shooter, Lee Harvey Oswald."

The television flashed the Hargreeves siblings' faces, naming them individually except Five. "The FBI is asking the public to be on the lookout for this unidentified boy, who they believe is being held hostage by the suspected terrorist network..."

"Well, it's true. I do feel like I'm being held hostage most days," Five commented, taking another sip of his coffee and leaning against the staircase handrail.

"Well, what do we do now? I mean, we're wanted by the FBI, the Dallas police, and the Secret Service," Vanya inquired nervously.

"I have this yurt just outside Reykjavik. We could totally lay low there," Klaus offered.

Five snapped his fingers at the people in the room. "Hey, numbnuts. Hiding won't make a difference. The Commission will hunt us down whenever and wherever we go," he explained in a dark tone.

"He's right. They'll never stop," Diego agreed.

Five exhaled sharply through his nose. "I'm sorry; since when are you an expert on the Commission?"

"Since I got back from there," Diego said shortly.

"What?" Five scoffed, snapping his head away from the television.

"Yeah, they headhunted me," he clarified.

"You?" Five chuckled in disbelief. "They headhunted you... the village idiot."

Diego stood up a little straighter to defend himself. "What, am I not allowed to be headhunted? Only the Almighty Five motherfucking Hargreeves need to be in demand."