eight

chapter eight:i love you to the moon and back── © websofopacity ──

chapter eight:
i love you to the moon and back
── © websofopacity ──

Five stumbled out of the blue light from Luther throwing him off the staircase

Five stumbled out of the blue light from Luther throwing him off the staircase. He smashed into the brick building adjacent to Elliott's shop. Five swore under his breath and dusted debris off his blazer. He looked up to the sky, catching a flash of red on the roof of the building next door.

Lila dashed across and then suddenly appeared on the sidewalk. Five bolted after Lila, following her to an abandoned train station on the edge of town. He hid behind a fence, observing her cautiously.

Lila shattered the glass window on the door and reached through the jagged hole. She slowly turned the doorknob on the side, softly stepping into the train station.

Five watched her disappear into the station before sneaking over the train tracks and leaping onto the belvedere in one smooth motion. He glanced around the platform and carefully approached the cracked open door. It was a trap. The feeling chewed on his intestines. Five blinked a couple of times, his eyes burning from straining and keeping them wide open.

Five drew in a breath and slid his hands into his shorts pockets. He spatially jumped into the train station building. To his disappointment, Lila was waiting for him on the other side of the hall with a Chesire smile plastered on her face.

"What's your game, crazy lady?" Five taunted, tilting his head.

Lila turned with a smile. "Who cares? You said if you saw me again, you'd kill me."

"Oh, I remember," he replied, flashing her a confident smirk.

"Well, come on, big talker. Let's get this done," Lila laughed.

Five blinked behind Lila, but she quickly kicked him in the face. Five held his jaw for a moment, recovering while Lila scurried away. He ran after her. Five blinked in front of Lila, hesitating before Roundhouse kicked at her. Lila ducked and dodged Five's punches. She took a blow to the face. Five went low, but Lila hit him in the face. Five kicked Lila in the stomach, causing her to stumble back. Lila scampered away, disappearing behind Five.