eleven

chapter eleven:run from the law── © websofopacity ──

chapter eleven:
run from the law
── © websofopacity ──

Teenaged Five couldn't shake the gnawing feeling of paranoia as he, his older self, and Luther navigated the bustling city streets

Teenaged Five couldn't shake the gnawing feeling of paranoia as he, his older self, and Luther navigated the bustling city streets. The bustling crowds seemed like a sea of watchful eyes, scrutinizing his every move. His nerves had him shouting at passersby, a desperate attempt to create some semblance of normalcy. Meanwhile, Luther remained at a cautious distance, keeping a vigilant eye on his deranged brother.

As they walked, Five's voice quivered as he leaned in closer to Luther. "He's gonna kill me, isn't he?" Five gasped for breath, wiping his nose aggressively, his left eye twitching feverishly.

Luther, attempting to appear nonchalant, chuckled, "What? Kill you? Come on, Five, you're letting your imagination run wild."

Five shot a piercing look at Luther, his finger pointing accusingly at Luther's stomach. "You know, you're a terrible liar, Luther. You're a worse liar than you are a spotter."

Luther scratched his head, trying to maintain his composure. "What's the point of having a spotter if you won't listen to him?"

"So, you admit that you're conspiring against me?" Five's eyes gleamed with a feral intensity.

Luther let out a sigh. "Do you admit you are suffering from paradox psychosis?"

Five retorted, "The only thing I'm suffering from is bracing clarity about you and your murderous intentions!"

Their conversation drew the attention of passersby, who began casting strange glances in their direction. Luther glanced at the people gawking at Five making a spectacle of himself.

Luther tried to reason with Five as they continued down the street. "Look, he's got a pretty good plan."

Five responded, his voice rasping with sarcasm, "It's a good plan to kill me? Gee, thanks."

Luther attempted to clarify, "He's not killing you; just a version of you."

Five's eyes twitched again as he exclaimed, "I am that version of me! Is it the plan to off me and take the briefcase for a ride to 2019?"