Mind Over Fangs Chapter 3

I woke up in a red satin room. Everything was blood red- the curtains, the sheets, the walls, the carpet, EVERYTHING. All the wood was a dark mahogany. I sat up dazed, no clue where I was. Everything seemed blurry. 

"mmm...Mmm, where am I?" I said blearily. 

"Look this way, darling." I heard a voice call from the doorway. 

My vision cleared to see a boy my age, maybe a year or two older, standing in the doorway. He had long straight raven black hair the color of midnight, and eyes the same shade as rubies. He had a lean body, and was fairly tall... He was taller than me. He bore a red T-shirt and dark jeans, with a dark leather jacket. He had a crooked smile with glistening white teeth. What I DID notice though, is two canines in the front of his mouth, curving in threateningly.

My eyes widened and I scooted back on the bed. 

"Vampires don't exist, vampires don't exist, vampires don't exist!!!" I kept telling myself.

"Oh, but psychics are, my dear." There came that voice again. That voice I was drawn to. 

I looked up at him, doing my best to guard my eyes as everything came back to me. 

"Where's Felicity?!" I demanded. He smiled lazily and shrugged, slinking into the room gracefully and shutting the door behind him. He walked over to the edge of the bed, and even though he was close, I didn't flinch this time. 

"Felicity? Who's that?" Realization went across his face. "Oh, the red-head... Hell if I know." he said casually. I jumped up, not caring if he was some dangerous and beautiful mythical beast.

"Now listen here you fairy, you better tell me where my best friend is, or I'll..." I trailed off. He cackled.

"Do what? Send your big, bad, werewolf best friend after me? This isn't Twilight, darling. And I do NOT sparkle." He spat out the last words. I looked around the room frantically for something to hit this dude with. 

"Look, I don't know what you're talking about, psychics and whatnot. I just want to go home, and go to my bed, and hopefully not get arrested for running away from school. So, if you will excuse me..." I ran to the door. But he was faster. He easily got in front of me and blocked the doorway.

"How-" My words were muffled by his cold hands. 

"Now will you listen, darling? I know you're a psychic, and you came because of the screeching noise I set in the woods. See?" he reached into his pocket and pulled out what looked to be a little pocket alarm clock. "Now, you press this button and-" the screeching began, only this time, I was right up next to it. My knees buckled and I fell to the ground, covering my ears. I swore I felt the blood rushing to my head. It felt like my heart was going to burst, too. The boy smirked and turned off the mechanism. I panted, staying on the floor. I was on the verge of curling into a fetal position. I saw a hand down next to me. He was going to try and help me up...

I snorted, slapping his hand away and standing up, acting as if I was brushing dust off of myself. 

"Douche." I muttered. He faked surprise.

"I don't think you should talk to the head of this household like that, dear. Who knows? He could throw you into the river with a brick,  or perhaps make you his personal sex slave. Or..." He stepped closer to me threateningly. "He could just suck you dry of all blood. I'm sure he'd enjoy that." He licked his lips, making him seem even more scary. I gulped. This was NOT how I wanted to spend my life. 

"B-But- what do you want me for?" I said, intimidated. A look of triumph passed across his face as he stepped back, and started pacing the room. I sat down on the bed.