Chapter Thirty Six |♠Winnings and Departures ♠|

💙💙💙              
                         ♠ Chetachi ♠

“Are you okay?" He asked her for the umpteenth time.
He was still upset with Chikamsi, first of all, for not making an effort to understand his feelings for Gracious, and secondly, for throwing that huge fit infront of everybody, but she was still his sister.

He didn't care what social studies said about family being people who were related by blood, Chikamsi and Chanah were his only sisters.

She nodded and said, “I'm not supposed to be talking to you, Ezi Enyi, but I'm fine."
Chikamsi squirmed when Chetachi kissed her forehead and told her to get some rest.

Outside the clinic, Chetachi brought out his phone, grasping the device in his hands, willing for Gracious to call him. His phone rang, but it wasn't who he expected.

“Hello Aunty? Good afternoon," he greeted, Mrs Benjamin muttered a reply and asked if he had spoken to Chikamsi lately.

Chetachi replied in the affirmative, he asked if there was anything she wanted him to tell Chikamsi.
“Yes, please tell Chikamsi to come home. The date for your JAMB examination has been announced, and the dates for WAEC and NECO have been set tentatively to begin two months from now.

And you know how Chikamsi is with her studies, I don't want her staying at home for another year to retake these examinations. Biko, tell her to come home so she can start reading."

“Okay ma, I'll tell her." Chetachi assured her. There was a brief hesitation, before Mrs Benjamin added, “Infact, I don't trust you children, tell her to pack her belongings this night, I'm sending my sister to take her to the airport tomorrow. I'm booking her flight home as soon as I get off this call."

Chetachi nodded, and then remembered she couldn't see him, he responded,“Okay, aunty."
The phone buzzed in his hands, it was a reminder, Chetachi had a football game later that day.

                   ♠ Tobiloba ♠
He smiled at Chikamsi who frowned back at him,“Be happy," he told her, placing both hands on her shoulders.

“Jesus is alive, I know Tobi." She retorted drily. “You're just going home, not to prison." He chuckled, releasing her when a car pulled up beside them.
The windows wound down, and a fair woman who looked just like Chikamsi poked her head out.

“My aunty is here," Chikamsi said, he nodded and stepped back, greeted Chikamsi's aunt and wished her good luck.
She rolled her eyes and he chuckled for the umpteenth time, Chikamsi was being dramatic.

When the car drove off, Tobiloba wandered around the hotel for some time, wondering if he should return to the stadium, or wait for the athletes at the stadium to return.

All athletes were supposed to return home the next day, the basketball, and football game had been played today.

Jasper High could not participate in the track and table tennis games, most of their star players had been taken away that night, traces of hard drugs had been found in their urine when had all been tested.

Tobiloba decided to go to the stadium, it would give him a chance to find out who won the basketball scholarship. The hosts of the competition had been gracious enough to still consider their school for an award, despite the drug drama that occured the same day they had arrived.

He headed towards the gate, and gave one of the tickets he had been holding to a security man there, “Hold on, make I go call cab for you." The man said hurrying off with the ticket.

————————————————————————————————————————

He smiled amusedly, confused and excited at the same time, the whole stadium was chanting his name. “God, am I imagining all this because I wanted to be seen as important?" Tobiloba muttered under his breath, coming to a standstill, unsure of if he should move forward.

The Jasper High basketball team members ran over go where he stood, and before Tobiloba could find out what was happening,  had been lifted onto somebody's neck, with the whole team was chanting as they took him to the podium.

“In the spirit of good sportsmanship, the non-winners for today will hand over the medal and certificate of participation to our chosen scholarship student." One of the event hosts said into the microphone she had been holding.
She handed over a medal and certificate to the light skinned boy standing beside her.

Tobiloba knew him, Jason was the captain of the Sage High basketball team.

He smiled at the other boy as he hung the medal around Tobiloba's neck and handed him the certificate, they shook hands,and remained in that position for a minute, for the cameraman to do their job, both boys in their teams jerseys.

When he got off the podium and to a quiet place after all the celebration, realization dawned on Tobiloba, he had won the scholarship. He took the golden medal off his neck, holding it in his hand, he pressed it against his forehead.

“How do I even begin to thank You, God?"

Authors Note
Hello children 😗😗
I'm still sick, but I wanted to put there chapter out today, so there 😗