Chapter Seventeen|♠Real Thing ♠|

Chapter seventeen is up😗♥️
And we're celebrating 500 reads!!!!!!🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
Thank you guys, keep sharing, keep ghosting, keep commenting, keep voting and keep reading!
The Lost Ones has been such an amazing journey for me so far, and I'm glad I started it with you guys😭✨💜
So this chapter is dedicated to every single reader of mine, thank you ✨

Chetachi
"Reuben and Denzel close up the gap," the sports master shouted.
They had been jogging round the massive field for almost an hour now, the sports master Mr Edikan called it warming up.

Chetachi's wheezed and coughed as they went on the last lap. His mouth felt dry and he desperately needed water.

Eniola had been leading the rest of the athletic society since the jogging commenced, she was a runner and the jogging was her own practice for the tryouts.
Chetachi tried to remain in his place beside her as the captain of the sports team, occasionally slipping to second place.

"Divide yourselves into factions, and start playing." Mr Edikan shouted, a vein popping out from the side of his neck due to his constant screaming.

Some of the boys snickered behind him, talking about how his head was likely to explode if he didn't sit down and keep quiet.

Chetachi rolled his eyes, Mr Edikan was a good sportsman, but he took it too far, especially when other schools were involved.

He proved Chetachi's thoughts when he shouted again,"I will cut my two testicles off before you people loose and disgrace me in this competition, now spread out into your various departments!"

The already sweaty team members tried to find their various places, mumbling and complaining as they did so.

Chetachi wondered if he should tell Mr Edikan to calm down, the athletic society was more than capable of taking almost any school down, but when he saw the way his nostrils flared as a junior boy took a sip of water, he decided to keep quiet.

Chetachi joined the football game that was about to begin, Tobiloba would handle the basketball players seeing as he was one of them, Chetachi thought to himself and waited for the game to begin.

He was grateful Tobiloba hadn't taken any of Chikamsi's comments at Rainforest Cafe the previous day to heart, he seemed to have forgiven her quite easily and assured Chetachi that he wasn't angry with him for bringing her along, neither was he holding a grudge against either of them.

To validate his claim, Tobiloba had continued helping Chetachi out as the assistant sports captain in any way he could.

"I don't think that boy is half as awful as his classmates painted him to be." Chetachi said to himself, stretching in his position with other midfielders in the football field.

During the ten minutes half time break, Chetachi walked into the locker room with his team, to discuss their new game strategy.

Jasper Athletic Society had been playing against the school's former champions, the set members of the Jasper High Athletic Society who had graduated three years before them, and were leading them 5-0.

James had almost scored a goal, Chetachi spoke up, wanting to swap him with another boy, and place him as a striker when he noticed he was missing.

"James, will be one of the strikers for the next round," he said, looking around for the brown skinned boy.

"He's absent" a teammate supplied, "Maybe he went to drink water," another one said. His eyes went to the cooler which lay open and half empty with bottles of water inside it.