Chapter Twenty Four |♠Birthday Fever♠|

This chapter is dedicated to Chetachi, because it's his birthday 😌✨✨               

                        ♠ Chikamsi ♠
“Eniola how can you be asking that of me? you know it's not fair!" Chikamsi tried to keep herself from shouting over the phone.

“Do you want to come or are you going to choose Chetachi?" she repeated her question, the calm way she said it pissed Chikamsi off.

She looked at the cake she had bought for Chetachi, wondering how she was going to miss Chetachi's birthday.

They had talked about it countless times, Chetachi and herself of all the fun they would have the moment he turned eighteen.

She was heading out the door when Eniola called her, telling her about a cross country marathon she was participating in that day, to raise money for Zambian women so they could go to school.

Chikamsi had rolled her eyes, if she'd rolled them any further they would have fallen out.
What was Eniola's business if Zambian women went to school or not?
She had claimed it was for the greater cause of womanhood.

“Soooooo" Eniola dragged asking her,and reminding Chikamsi that she was still on a phone call.
“I can't miss Chetachi's birthday Eniola, I'll come and see you this evening after your race."

Her next words broke Chikamsi and left her confused. “Chikamsi please, I need someone,it's the longest race I've ran in a while," Her was voice barely above a whisper.

“I'm afraid I'll mess up, and the women in Zambia won't go to school, I don't want to fail them. I've never asked you for anything before Chikamsi, please come and support me."

                       ♠ Chetachi ♠
The smile didn't leave his face as he scrolled through numerous messages from his friends and family, and some in his class group chat.

Chikamsi had surprised him, inviting him to join her live video a few minutes to his birthday, telling him her fans wanted to wish him happy birthday, the number of people who he hadn't even known that turned up to celebrate the first few minutes of his day with him made his heart swell.

He chuckled when he saw the comments from some people, asking him if he was single and available, Chikamsi had laughed and told them there was somebody special  in his life.

The highlight of the live video for him was when someone had sent Chikamsi money to ‘Spoil Chetachi'.

His Instagram had been buzzing non-stop, with notifications of new follows, and direct messages from even more well-wishers and presents, pic arts of him, somebody had ordered a Play Station Five for him, simply because they liked Chetachi's face.

Chetachi adjusted his position on the chair he was sitting on, grinning and blushing at the birthday message Gracious had sent him, the message he was reading for the fifteenth time since she had sent it.

His door flew open, and his family burst in. Chanah ran over to where he was sitting, hoisted herself onto his lap and gave Chetachi a big sloppy kiss on his cheek.

Chetachi's parents sat on his bed, taking in his new room. Part of his pre birthday gift from his parents had been a makeover for the room.

He had changed the hardwood floors, and the minimalist look it had to a darker themed one.

(Picture above is before the room transformation, picture below is after.)

“You did well with this room, my painting of you will be perfect in this spot." his mother said, waking over to a section of the wall that was bare, tapping it.
“Eighteen is an adult Chetachukwu,"

“My son is now a grown man," his father added, “Since you want to celebrate it with your classmates today, we'll have a family dinner when you get home. And I'll give you what I got for you." He said standing up and heading for the door.

He stood up, thanking him, he admired his father, a man of few words. He did whatever he said he would do, a quality Chetachi hoped he would learn from the man.

His mother handed him a framed drawing, it looked oddly familiar, he knew it was himself, a younger version.

His lips turned upwards, curling into s smile. She hadn't been drawing her husband that day, it was him.

He recognized the cream colored paper she had been using, it different from her other papers.
He thanked her and kept it on a reading table.

“Very soon you'll start forming big boy for me, just remember I'm the one that gave birth to you o," she flicked his forehead as she left, taking his junior sister along with her.

Chetachi's phone rang, the caller id showed him it was Gracious, she probably wanted to tell him they were on their way to Lumen's house, they had decided he would pick up Tobiloba and Chikamsi and meet herself and Lumen at her house, so they would see Neva and Whitney and have more than enough cakes and baked treats.

He pressed the green button and her voice filled the room.

“Happy Birthday first of all, God bless you.
And why are you not online? Chikamsi has been trying to video call you, I'm already with the rest of the group at her place, James tagged along, is that okay?" She asked him.

Chetachi frowned, wondering why Chikamsi or Tobiloba hadn't told him they were going to go there by themselves, “It's okay, sure James can come.
It's past three now, I'll be there in an hours time, let me come online." He said, switching on his mobile data, a call came in almost immediately.

Chikamsi had sent him text messages, asking him to come online or pick up his call.

He answered the video call, Tobiloba, Gracious, Lumen and Chikamsi's faces came on the screen, each person's grin  as wide as the next person's own.

Chetachi found himself anticipating his mini party as he left his house and entered the Bölt he had ordered on his way to Lumen's place.

                    Authors Note
Who go buy me ps 5 for liking my face biko?😭😭😭
Hello Children 😗😂😂✨

How are you all doing?
The main party is in the next chapter Sha,😂 I'm busy planning all the wickedness I want to happen 😂😂😂😌

I'll update that part soonest, I promise ✨😂
How did you enjoy this chapter though?🌚
Thoughts?

Anyway, remember to vote, comment and share.

Hanty Deeza loves you guys!✨😌

Follow me on Instagram and Wattpad,
                     Purple_Deeza