Chapter 9 The truth comes out

I woke up in bed wrapped in Grell's jacket.What happened,Oh I remember,the curse.The women's skin tone,it looked familiar.I rise from bed to get ready for school.My bus arrived around 7:15 this morning,an the red crusader himself sat in seat number 15,he was wearing his disguise from last time he came to school with me.I sit next to him and hand him his red jacket."Thank you,for everything."I state to the reaper."Your welcome."He replies."I am telling him today."I state simply."What?"Grell asked confused."Im telling Colton,if I don't tell him today then I never will."I reply to the confused reaper.Grell gives a faint smile as we pull into school.
We see Colton in the courtyard."Colton,I need to talk to you."I tell him.He nods to reply.We walk to the lockers."What is it Savannah?"He asks."I won't be here next year Colton,I won't be here at all."I state to him."Why?Are you moving?"He asks."No,Dieing,"I reply."Colton I have a disease that can't be cured,an I think we need to go our separate ways."Colton's eyes widen as he hold my hands in his."Why Savannah?Why can't we be together till you take your last breath?"He asks."I don't want to hurt you,I want to remember me as I am know,not when I'm in a coffin."I state.Colton hugs me and whispers in my ear."Alright."He says pulling away."We can still be friends though right?"He asks.I nod and he walks away.
We walk to second period.We sit in our chairs as the announcements come on."Good Morning Waller High School,please stand for our pledges."We rise and I mouth the words to both pledges and I bowed my head and prayed the veterans who are fighting for us come home save and happy."Thank you and please be seated."Asked the principle."We talk about fighting for what we believe in,and fighting for what's right.We have a quote by one of our students,she says,'Many people don't think of fighting for the ill.Others where or are survivors.With me being one of those survivors,with a disease that can't be cured.I ask you,what would it be like to be in my shoes.'This quote was written by Savannah Glen who this years relay for life subject.So come out and support our lady bulldog."Stated the principle.Everyone was staring at me.They know knew my darkest secret,my illness forever stained on my body.I walk out into the hall,lean against the wall and slide down setting my head against my knees."I never belonged here.I don't know how I made it this far."I state to myself."You know there is a perfectly bored out of his mind reaper in there."Said Grell.I smile as he straightens me up."Now,second lesson is speed and agility."He said smashing his fist into the glass window on the door."Run."He yelled pulling me to a run.I follow him out the door,he sprints a few more yards then jumps landing on a roof of a truck,without denting the smooth surface.I follow behind every step and I jump onto the truck roof just like Grell.We hop of the truck and sprint home.My mom wouldn't be home.So we head straight for Great Oak.
We stop once we see Great Oak.I wasn't bleeding,my lungs weren't on fire,I was breathing,normally."Oh here,From me and Will."Said Grell handing me a wrapped package.I open it and there was a few throwing knifes with red leather handles, and a dagger with a designed red leather handle."Your Death Scythes."He said.I hug him willingly."Thank you."I reply.He hugs me back.I playfully take his death scythe from him,then return it with a smile.We continue to train until the sun was low in he sky.I look at Grell and he looks at me,an we part ways.For now.