I looked down at him to see him pouting. I hoped that he made friends today. Although, that would be quite hard as he is usually shy and also because we are starting in the middle of the school year.

So instead of just standing there like an idiot, I decided to move. That was until I heard someone shout, "So the new girl is a slut that doesn't know how to use protection."

This didn't anger me one bit, I don't care what they think of me, but it did annoy me. I mean, there is a child right here, I don't want him learning these words. He is still innocent to the world, well, maybe not innocent as such. He knows about my fighting, and that's about it.

I carried on walking as if nothing happened. It didn't affect me, but apparently it affected Dylan, because before I knew it he was shouting back. "Don't call my mummy that, it's not nice you twat."

Where did that come from?

I turned to Dylan, ignoring the people around me. I was smirking, that's my boy. "Thank you Dylan, but it's ok, I don't need saving. Anyway, how did you know that the word, slut, was a bad word?" I asked him accusingly.

He just smirked and said, "But batman is always here to save the day. Oh, and sheep told me." Sheep was the nickname for Shaun, someone we knew from the last town that went to the gym frequently.

I shook my head, held his hand again and we started walking as if nothing had happened. I could still hear some insults directed towards me but as usual, I ignored them. It's not as if they're in any position to know the truth.

Eventually, we reached Dylan's school, it was only 2 minutes away from where I had parked.

I knelt down to Dylan's height and kissed his cheek, "Make lots of friends baby boy."

"You too mummy. And be nice," he added. The small smile on my face widened a fraction. He cared so much for me, and he would make a great father one day.

I kissed his cheek once more, then waved him goodbye. The small smile still etched on my face. I waited until he got in and could just about make out him shyly saying hello to a girl.

He could be quite the charmer, and with him taking all the good looks, I wouldn't be surprised if he became a player. Despite that, I still hope he won't be.

As soon as I couldn't see him, I turned around and instantly the smile was no longer on my face.

Right, time to go to school.

As soon as I went through the front doors of the school, I could see the majority of the people whispering and glancing at me. The rest were laughing. I rolled my eyes, pathetic. They have nothing better to do.

What extravagant rumours have they made about me this time?