Chapter 41

The sun rose in the sky, and morning had arrived. After Aaron woke up, he had a massive headache. Gold wasn't joking; he needed a moment to gather himself. He remembered everything that Gold had told him. These memories needed to be triggered for him to remember.

It felt weird. Ein was his enemy, yet he treated him kindly. Aaron didn't know how to feel. Should he feel disgusted by the fact that he had become friendly with Ein? Or should he feel disgusted by the fact that he cared enough to protect the person who had left prominent scars in his life?

Now, while eating breakfast in his room, Aaron didn't want to talk to the others today. He just needed to be left alone for now.

Yet, he felt bad. He saw how kind and calm Ein was. He noticed how Ein felt guilty for ruining his life. But did Aaron have a choice? Michael had shown him that he had the power to be more dangerous than Ein. So he didn't understand. Should he forgive Ein? And if he did, then what? Should he forget the past?

Gold had told him to save Ein. As he was about to leave the room to put his plate in the sink, a loud siren was heard, making everyone in the house gasp.

"There is a huge announcement for everyone on the island!" the announcer's voice blared.

"There was a person kind enough to throw a summer party! The party will start this midnight! No need to wear anything fancy! Just go in and have fun till the sun comes up!"

The announcement ended, and Aaron shrugged, annoyed at how loud it was without any warning. He continued to go downstairs and put his plate in the sink. He heard the others chatting in the living room. Aph was the one who reached out to him.

"Hey, should we go to the party later tonight? It's going to be fun!"

"The others are in. How about you, Aaron?" she asked. Aaron nodded and replied, "Uhm... yeah, sure. I'm in." She went back to the others and informed them that he would join.

Aaron sighed, thinking, 'What am I going to do now? Just wait. What if this party is just Michael preparing to throw a big surprise at us?' He shook his head. Val asked him, "Are you good there, big guy? You look like shit, not gonna lie. You also look a little pale."

"Anything you want to say?" Aaron sat down and replied, "How about you use your ability? I don't have the energy to explain..." Val raised a brow and said, "Alright." He saw her eyes glow and requested, "Can I hold your hand, please?" She took his hand and held it.

After about 30 seconds, her eyes returned to normal. "Woah... now that's a big-ass discovery. Hold on, I took too much memory. My nose is going to bleed." Val grabbed a towel, rubbed it on her nose, and washed her hands. Then she turned to Aaron and asked, "You remember, yet you can't see the others?"

He nodded, and she said, "Ah, I see. Just wash up first and try to relax, alright? I'm sure we can find a way to save Ein." She smiled at him, which at least made Aaron feel more at ease instead of feeling dead inside.

After his bath, time passed quickly, but Aaron didn't mind. He was getting ready for tonight's party. He didn't want to overdo it, so he just wore a jacket around his waist and a sleeveless shirt.

The others continued with their preparations, getting ready for whatever this party might bring. As soon as it was 10 pm, many others were in the streets, either having fun or going about their activities. The others seemed to be heading straight to the party's location.

Aaron and his group were walking around the streets. Katelyn stayed close to Aphmau, while Kim, Luci, and Mellisa were together. Valentina, Cyrus, and Xinyi formed another group, and Aaron walked alone at the back.

He didn't mind; he needed to be left alone with his thoughts. Finally, they reached the entrance, and each person entered. Inside, it was huge. There was a backyard near the ocean, with lots of food and a bar inside.

Music played in the background, and everyone was having fun. Aaron, still feeling unsure, stayed with Luci and Mellisa. Then, there it was. The announcer was on the top floor, capturing everyone's attention with a loud microphone.

"Thank you for joining us, everyone. I really appreciate it," the announcer said. "I made sure there was enough for everyone. It took me a long time to prepare this along with my friends."

"It's him," Val said. Aaron heard her and raised an eyebrow. "The reason I invited everyone is because I wanted to distract all of you and ensure you have fun. Ignore the sudden storm news. In two more days, the said storm will finally stop!" The crowd cheered.

"That was the good news I wanted to share. Now, let's start the party, shall we?" The announcer finished, and the music started. Everyone began dancing or enjoying their drinks. There were a lot of guards, and security was everywhere. Aaron approached Val.

"What do you mean it's him?" he asked. Cyrus replied, "Michael. She knows it's him after all. She's 30% blind on both eyes, yet she can still see from afar."