chapter 3

Isabella

I reported my departure after work and walked out. I had never mixed personal life with work. I liked to believe that each of them had their own time.

Speaking of life, it has never been normal and will stay that way.

Why?

"Ms Bella," I turned around because I knew that the only person who called me that was Laura, "Come over here and see this." she said looking at something.

"Tell me some other time. I have to go."

"We are not in the office anymore." I walk to my car, "Hey, look there." She's so annoying. Wonder why I still had her as my personal secretary, "Turns out Mr Manchoza junior has a girlfriend." she said seriously, "She's the daughter of one of the shareholders who wanted to o..."

"Laura," I cut her off almost angrily, "That is their personal life. I have to go. And you too."

"Wait, I am just looking out for you."

What?!

"You know that you might miss a chance. Life is too short to be too serious."

That's it, my patience had run out. "Listen here Laura, you should know your place. Watch your tone when you speak to me." I told her warningly.

"I-I am so sorry, Ms Bella."she looked down and fidgeted with the hem of her skirt.

"Life is too short for fantasies. Keep that in mind." I added in a low voice.

"Wait, what?!" She shrieked. I thought she was shy and sorry, "Did you just call love a fantasy?" I massaged my temple trying to calm down, "Oh, alright. Bye." She speed walked away.

I got into my car with all my frustration and started it, but I almost ran someone over. I got out of the car and checked for any damage, "Can't you watch where you are going mister? There's no money to waste on hospitals and garages. "I told him, before turning to go back into my car, but his voice stopped me.

"Hey, you almost ran me over and you are being rude?" He couldn't believe it.

I frowned.

"Almost? Do you know how much I would spend in a garage?" I really didn't want to do this but he was being unreasonable. This is where cars should pass and he was moving around like he owned the.....

"You must be Isabella Gucherez." I looked at him with narrowed eyes. He smirked and I lost it completely. I got into the car and drove off.

What was it with everyone smirking? Ugh.

I rarely complained about anything but this love thing has got me a lot to say. So, even later after dinner, I was fuming. I didn't even realize that Christine was listening to me.

"Calm down Bella, it's not a must for everyone to fall in love."

I didn't want to ever have this conversation.

".. but love chooses the right people. The ones who deserve it."

"That's a big lie. What those people call love is always infatuation or just a moment of attraction." I reasoned carefully, "Listen, we shouldn't be talking about that. Where are your kids?"

She sighed, but finally led me to where they were seated looking at some magazine. Sergio arrived at the same time.

"Wow. This must be Benjie," Sergio pointed at the boy with a very neat haircut. He looked exactly like his father but way better due to age and I will have to say well taken care of, "... and this is Hailey." They nodded as they asked him questions. The girl was especially quiet, like she was figuring something out.