Chapter 1 - The New Art Teacher

“Barton! You are late!!!”

Natasha Romanov complained to the blond-haired man who just parked his motorcycle in front of her apartment building on the Upper West Side.

“I’m never late, you’re the one who is early.” Came the reply from the man.

His name was Clint Barton and he was Natasha’s best friend. They both only lived a few blocks away from each other. Clint and Natasha had been friends for as long as they could remember and the two were very close that people often thought they were a couple.

“Damn girl! You look really beautiful, as usual.” He whistled in appreciation as he took in her appearance for the day, “I wonder what went wrong. You’ve never had a real boyfriend.” He complimented with a sly smile.

“Your charming words can’t help you today, Barton. I’m hungry! And you know I get angry when I’m hungry!” The redhead glared at him, “We need to grab my breakfast first!”

Clint smirked, “Don’t worry baby, I got you your favorite sandwich.” He handed her a paper bag with her favorite tuna melt.

Natasha’s face lit up instantly. “Thanks!!” She exclaimed, kissing his cheek in gratitude before getting on the bike with him. “Let’s go now, or Mrs. Greenburg will murder us for being late.”

Her best friend just chuckled and shook his head, but did as she said. Clint sped up and managed to arrive at the campus in record time. He quickly parked at his usual place and followed Natasha who was already running to their class.

They soon arrived at their classroom, which was already full of students. A tall blond man turned to them and Natasha instantly felt the intense blue eyes of the man burning her to the core.

___________________

Earlier that morning

“Mr. Rogers, I’m so glad that you accept this job offer.” Mrs. Chamberlin, Head of the Fine Arts Faculty said to the man in front of her.

Steven Rogers was a tall blond man with well-built body. Strong jawline and sharp cheekbones highlighted his handsome face, completed with a pair of deep blue eyes that could melt any woman into a pile of puddles.

“No problem, Mrs. Chamberlin. I have nothing to do anyway.” Steve replied, “Perhaps teaching can help bring me a new perspective in life, so I’m glad to fill in for the time being.”

And it was more or less true. Steve really had nothing to do after he had sold his business to a firm that earned him a huge amount of profit. He was rich enough to live the rest of his life without troubling anyone, especially his mother. Steve’s family was already filthy rich in the first place. They owned different businesses across the country as well as overseas. His family had also been supporting the Arts Faculty in this particular campus for years. In short, the Rogers family was part of the high society and that itself made Steve an important person.

“If you could follow me then, I will show you the way to your office and classroom.” The Faculty Head said and got up from her seat.

“It’s okay, I think I can go to the classroom by myself, Mrs. Chamberlin.”

“Many things have changed since your last visit here, Mr. Rogers.”

“It’s only been 7 years.”

“Well, your family donated a lot of many to our faculty so we put it to good use. We built a lot of new facilities in this place.”

“I’m sure my mother would be glad to hear that.”