Chapter Twenty | Yellow Tulips

"You're late. I almost thought you ditched me."

Emerald eyed man grumbled once he saw me walking toward him leisurely with my blonde hair in full display.

"Things happened, and it took longer than I thought to make these things."

I shrugged casually, showed simple black stud earrings and offered them to Ergi.

"Here, wear these. Your ears are pierced right?."

Nodding, Ergi accepted the earrings, eyes glinting with curiosity as he stare at the seemingly simple black studs but have traces of mana. When he gave me an inquisitive gaze after he had stared enough instead of putting them on immediately, I clicked my tongue and snatched back the earrings.

Before he could said a thing, I leaned in and stood on my tiptoes, so that I could reach toward his ears and quickly fixed the earrings on him. It was a hasty and inconsiderate move but I didn't noticed it at first. My mind is actually preoccupied by being annoyed from the sight of every random passers-by women glancing back at Ergi as though he's one hell of a delicious candy that I came upon as soon as I arrived.

"There's a strong concealment spell embedded in these earrings so wear these and tap one of them twice with your finger to activate and deactivate them. Normal people won't be able to remember your detail appearance like that even if you walk around without a hood."

I can't stop my voice from being a little grumpy as I explained. This man seriously need to be in a disguise asap. Why the hell was he decided it was a good idea to come to a crowd festival without a single disguise anyway? Even without including his face, he was a foreign royalty for god's sake!

"It sounds quite convenient."

Ergi expressed his satisfaction to the earrings by gently touching them, his smile only got broaden for some reason when he noticed identical ones on my earlobes.

"Did you made them?"

"Obviously."

"That's amazing."

"....It's child's play."

Looking away to not let him see me flustered from a single praise, I turned and walked forward, also paying close attention to the sound of footsteps to know if he followed at the same time.

Soon enough, we were walking side by side through the many food stalls and performances in the streets. The view of the colorful lights, the people dancing, jovial music, the mixed smell of the amazing foods filled all of our senses.

The festival was mostly the same as when I went with my ladies-in-waiting days ago, that time when I met with Ergi, run with him when fireworks explosion occurred and managed to get lost.

Yet for some mysterious reasons, it felt a lot more different than back then.

Although I'm not on shopping-spree like I was with Melanie and Seanna and we're just walking around and watching performance or street-foods making processes, it felt more enjoyable, probably because I was accompanied by an amusing man like Ergi who could make jokes out of every simple things and made me smile more than I ever had.

"How about we get something to eat?"

I suggested once it's past midnight and slowly scans the area to found a meat skewer stall. Dragging Ergi towards it by holding the sleeve of his wrist, I asked just in case.

"You don't mind skewers right?"

He doesn't seem like the type of person who would arrogantly scrunched their nose at commoner's street food. He even invited me festival of common people and we watched a lot of street-food cookings after all. But there's no harm in making sure whether he like or not before ordering.