Chapter Five | Dispute Between Siblings

A beautiful woman in refresh light green dress walk over with a pleasant smile on her pink lips. The yellow hue in her green eyes were brighter than usual under the sun as she brush away a few loose stands of her wavy golden hair that's loosely braided over her shoulder.

Chosing to stand in front of the Empress Navier, Princess Veronique who resembled her late mother from Trovi family, seemed more like Empress's sister than the Emperor's sister in outer appearance.

However, the iciness in their eyes and cold expression on their faces somehow show the rare resemblance of imperial siblings.

"Princess, what are you doing here?"

Sovieshu’s tone wasn't welcoming at all but Veronique didn’t even faze. Instead, she chose to spoke with venom on the tip of her lips, spilling every words with harm intented poison to listener.

"What? Am I not allowed to be around central palace where I grew up when that filthy wench of yours was allowed?"

"Veronique!"

A vein throbbed out on Sovieshu’s neck from the sheer force of his anger but his sister wasn't backing down at all. She even continued with feigned gasp and dramatic eye roll.

"Oh my! What should I do! I just called that filthy wench filthy! Even a princess also was your subject so how are you going to punish me? It definitely should be the same with Lady Laura's for the sake of fairness right. But surely, you wouldn't lock up or starve your one and only sister for being honest about a tramp right?"

"You're going too far, Veronique."

"Am I? Or isn't it just you two being sensitive?"

Veronique mocked, rolling her eyes which made Sovieshu gritted his teeth before sighed deeply.

"You called a woman who can’t even properly walk filthy. Don’t you think that is too far?"

He tried to reasoned, unreasonably at that.

"In my eyes, there's only a dirty runaway slave who dared to not only touch but even ruined the Empress's dress and dared to 'hey' her. So no, I don't think I'm going too far at all."

"She only did it because the Empress was walking away from her. And she's not a slave."

"Very reason why she should have stopped because walking away means she don't want to talk her any longer. Why don't you also taught her common sense while nursing her back to full health? And do you seriously need me to brought back a slave contract to prove that she's a runaway slave?"

"Just what is wrong with holding a dress? Is the Empress’ dress nobler than a human hand?"

"Then I will have your servant pull at the hem of your cloak. Even if your cloak is not as noble as a human hand, is that still acceptable?"

Sovieshu raised his eyebrows and smirked.

"Your words are meaningless. Do you think it is the same situation?"

"Is it different?"

"It is."

"Then what is the difference?"

"Rashta is not a servant."

"Then I would change my example. What would you do if a runaway slave not-even-concubine mistress of Empress pulled the hem of your clothes?"

A vein throbbed on top of emperor’s forehead.

"You're crossing the line, Princess."

"You're the one who started it, Your Majesty."