people from our past

After my date with willow last night i wake up feeling fully content. Today they're having me run errands instead of doing things around the office like usual.

I'm going to re stock the apartment. That means not just food, but cleaning supplies, beauty, medicinal, and aparently alcohol. Theyve sent me with an extensive list but also the freedom to buy whatever i want and whatever i think the place needs.

My day started at the LCBO and i picked up some base restocks. Quins Crown Royale, willows Skinny wine, Catias tequila, and alexs sparkling white wine. They all have such distinctive tastes. Then I go onto shoppers drug mart and restock on a ton of stuff. Toothpaste, toothbrushes, makeup remover, facial cleanser, moisturizer, deoderant, shampoo, conditioner, dental floss, tylenol, benedryl, dayquil, tums, and a few other things.

Grocery shopping is my favourite. I get to meal plan for us and it makes me happy because that means i get to chose what we eat. The store was a little cold and goosebumps raise on my arms from the chill of the frozen aisle.

As i wheel the cart towards my car, i pop the trunk. Loading in the bags one by one until i finally have them all in and I close it shut with a huff. Phew. Time to go home to get these all unpacked and then i can finally take a break.

I walk over to the drivers door and I stop dead in my tracks as a car pulls up beside me and rolls down the window.

"Mirabelle?"

Blinking with disbelief i back up away from the car

"Dad..."

He gets out of the car and rushes over to me and i frantically look around for an escape.

"Mirabelle i cant believe youre okay. I thought something happened to you. You went off the college and i never heard from you. Youre okay?"

Hes checking over my body for marks of harm and i cant help but stay as still as a statue.

"Uhm... yea im fine. You know it was great to see you but i should get going. Im actually working."

"Oh nonsense. Im sure you can take a break"

He grabs my wrist and begins to pull me towards his car

Panic shoots through me, setting off the alarm bells that have been dormant for so long now.

"Dad no im working"

I reach for his hand on mine but instead of allowing this, he grips both my wrists and pulls me forward.

"Mirabelle you must come home so I can make sure youre okay."

"let go of me"

"oh stop making a scene mirabelle. Just come over for dinner and then you can go back to whatever it was you were doing that was so important"

His tone leaves no room for disagreement and before i can protest, he has flung open the rear door and pushed me in. I gasp in shock as i hit the seat and he slams the door behind me.

After, he gets in the front and begins to drive off. I sit in shock in the backseat of the same car that I spent countless hours crying in.

"Dad my car is back there. At least let me follow you back to where you live"

His hands grip the steering wheel so intensly that his knuckles go white.

"Home. Its our home. And the answer is no mirabelle. Listen to me when i speak to you. Has it already been too long that you have lost respect for your father?"

"Dad i havent seen you in years. I need to go to my car. I need to go back to work."

He looks in the rearview mirror making eye contact with me.