Alexandria

Alex's POV

after mirabelle is taken care of and cleaned up, willow brushes her hair out while catia and i get her dressed and ready for bed. It's almost 5am and she will probably sleep all day.

"you guys good here for a minute?"

catia nods to me

"yea we're good"

"i'll be right back darling"

she blinks up to me dreamily

"mhm"

i'm generally pretty good at reading people. I'm the oldest out of us and before the girls and i met, i was actually majoring in psychology. I decided to switch my program right before graduation because it wasn't my passion. I tried so hard to love it but when it came to applying for jobs in the field i just couldn't picture myself spending my entire life doing it.

So i dropped it. But, it does have its advantages. I've gotten incredibly well versed at reading people.

when i look at mirabelle right now, i see underlying stress. Anxiety. She's trying to hide it with a smile but she's doing a small fidget with twisting around her ring. Everyone has their actions that ground them and that seems to be her. She looks exhausted but i can also see the thoughts going through her head. 

I walk out of the bedroom to go to quins room. When i walk in i find quin sitting on her freshly changed sheets with her laptop no doubt doing work. I swear this child never sleeps.

"hello alex."

she monotonously groans. I swear if she wasn't one of the hardest doms i've ever met i would put her in her place. She needs an attitude check.

I invite myself in and i sit on the end of her bed with my legs crossed over and my body turned to her. I brush my loose hair behind my ear before i begin.

"quin, i need you to listen to me"

"yah yah i'm listening. I have to sign some papers for payroll."

"quin. Listen to me."

i place my hand on top of her laptop and she looks up at me. When she sees my expression she reluctantly closed it.

"ugh what"

"you know what"

i sternly stare her down letting my eyes squint slightly.

"okay well is she okay?"

"yes i believe she will be. But this is me putting my foot down. Mirabelle is different than any of the girls we've shared before. Mirabelle is special. You can't break her behind our backs and expect us to be the ones to pick up the pieces"

"oh cmon lex, you know i'm no good with aftercare. That's why you guys do it"

"you only learn if you try. And none of us will be covering for you anymore."

"you know what quin? You shouldn't be able to call yourself a dom unless you nurse your sub through aftercare once a scene is done. You know what goes through their heads. Mirabelle is especially sensitive as she's knew to this. Do you want her to join the community not knowing that aftercare is essential? You not caring for her like this is leaving her vulnerable in the future. It shows her that not all doms do aftercare. You know damn well that she deserves it"

quins chest sinks and although she keeps her face composed i watch as through her tells that what i said hit hard.

"she deserves the world"

wow did not expect that from her. A genuine shocked response leaves my mouth.

"yes she does. And you know it. So come lay with her, We bathed her and got her all better physically. Now it's up to you to be there emotionally. We need to ask her if she wants to discuss the scene now or when she gets up. Then you WILL lay with her until she falls asleep."

"bu-"

"No. No buts. You will hold her and assure her that she did good and she was such a good girl for you because if you don't then she will remember that scene for the rest of her life. Get your ass in there. Now."

i keep my tone lowered and quiet. People comprehend what you say if your voice is lowered in tone. Also talking in a quiet voice. If you have to raise your voice to make your point, then you're showing the words you can construct to make your point aren't strong enough on their own. Same with adding swear words. Yes it shows rage, but it also shows you can't compose yourself.

Quin is not a person who likes being told what to do but she respects me. I'm older than her, she knows i'm more than capable of my job, and i've been in the kink community much longer than she has.

Yet here she is, nodding her head- reluctantly, but still... nodding her head. She agrees with what i said.

"okay you know you're right"

she sighs standing up and rubbing her hands over her face.

"you owe me"

"no i don't"

she walks out and i'm genuinely relieved