quality time

TW: Trauma, abuse 

Mirabelles POV

"mirabelle love, wake up"

i squeeze my eyes shut groaning at whoever is bothering me. I try to shoo them away but they continue to wake me up with soft caresses.

eventually i open my eyes to catia siting beside me on the bed. I let out a huge yawn

"goodmorning catia"

"good morning sweetheart. It's time to get up."

"but it's the weekend cmonnnn lemme sleep"

"mirabelle i think you'll enjoy what is planned so cmon get out of this bed before you wake willow up. She needs her beauty rest."

i look beside me at willow who is blissfully asleep. Lucky.

i roll out of bed and let catia guide me into the washroom. I brush my teeth and comb my hair while she brings me an outfit. Black denim skirt with a blue and white checkerboard tank top.

I feel like a babe from the 50's, i like it.

When i walk out of the bathroom i find her and alex talking in hushed voices sitting on the couch.

i let out a wide yawn and plop myself down beside alex

"what's going on guys"

alex kisses the side of my head and hugs me goodmorning.

"we're going out just the three of us."

they both stand and i follow suit. Gotta say i'm excited to go wherever we are going. I feel like a golden retriever sometimes, just happy to be along for the ride.

Once we're in the car, me in the back seat cause catia called shotgun, i ask again.

"you need to have patience darling. What do you want from tim's?"

we pull into a drive thru and i ask for a lemonade and an apple fritter. satiated with sugar, i stay quiet. After maybe 20 minutes of driving we sit in a huge parking lot

alex gets out and opens my door for me, helping me scooch out of the car.

"you've brought me here to murder me haven't you?"

"yes that's it exactly. You have foiled my plans. No we're not murdering you. We just realized that quin and willow have been getting to spend a lot of time with you and we wanted you to ourselves for a bit. We're at the toronto botanical gardens and we're gonna walk around so you can look at all the flowers."

"eek! i love gardens!"

catia smiles looking to alex

"why do you think we're here? Oh and they also have a butterfly atrium so we can walk through there afterwards."

After admiring plants and butterflies for at least 2 hours, we find ourselves in the cafe on site. Alex pulls a small box of cards from her bag and places it on the table. It reads "we're not really strangers"

"this is supposed to help you get to know someone. Even though we clearly already know you, we want to learn more about who you are while also showing you who we are so we figured we could play this game."

"oh hell yea. I've always wanted to try this card set"

"amazing. We rotate pulling cards and we all have to answer the questions each round. Catia you can go first"
lll
catia opens the box and places the proper pile on the table. She pulls the first one.

"what was your first impression of me"

she places it down on the table and looks up to me to see my answer.