The Seven Bells

I leaned against the banister, standing next to Diego. We all stood around anxiously.

"Clearly, you all know how Dad and I feel about the matter." Ben said.

We all stayed silent.

"And I think you can all guess which way I'll be voting." Allison rubbed her hands together anxiously, swaying back and forth. "We've all been through a lot."

She looked at me, "We've all lost people."

Then she looked towards Five, "Uh, mannequins."

I rolled my eyes.

"But their deaths have to mean something." She said, looking back at the group, "Which is why I'll be voting to go with Dad."

Lila went down the stairs, brushing past me. I watched her as she went to Diego.

"What she said." Lila stared at him before joining Allison.  She put her hand up. "Let's go save the bloody universe!"

Klaus cheered.

"All right," Diego shrugged, going back up the stairs. "Well, since she said yes. I vote stay."

A tight smile passed through my face as I looked at him. Lila scoffed.

"How's that for nice?" Diego stared at her.

"You're not being serious." Lila's face dropped. He gave her a small smile.

"It's his vote, Lila." Allison said reluctantly. "Klaus?"

"I am with Father." Klaus nodded, looking back at Reggie.

"Hm." He nodded. He looked to Ben and he nodded.

"Okay," Allison looked back at us. "That's five to one."

She looked down, adjusting her weight. "Viktor?"

Viktor leaned his elbows back on the step behind him. He sighed, avoiding Allison's eyes.

"Look, I Wanna believe, okay? I really do," He sat up, "I just can't shake the feeling that we don't know what we're getting ourselves into."

Thunder boomed outside.

"No," Allison nodded, "But we know what we've got if we don't. We have to go into this together."

She looked at each of us. I stared at the ground with my arms crossed, no emotion on my face. I already knew what I was going to pick. I just hoped it was the right this to do.

"Viktor." She said, desperate. "As a family."

Viktor rolled his head back. "You can't just keep throwing the world 'family' around. It isn't enough."

"I vote stay."

Allison suddenly changed from calm to angry. I still didn't look up.

"Luther?" She asked.

"Um..." He hesitated, "Sloane and I talked, and, well, we're out."