A light supper

Five pressed down harder on Lila's throat, making her squirm.

"You've got a good nose." The Handler drawled.

"You know, planting her in a psych ward, taking advantage of our simpleton brother, that was smart."  Five said, looking between the Handler and Lila.

"Well, the apple doesn't fall far
from the tree." The Handler shrugged.

"She's your daughter." I laughed. I should've known.

"Yes. And she's my only one, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't crush her windpipe."

Five reluctantly took his foot off of her. She cried out before jumping up and standing next to the Handler.

"I am so going to enjoy killing you someday." Lila spat.

"Lila, Darling, will you give us a minute, please?" The Handler asked.

"Yes, the grownups need to talk." Five added.

Lila looked over at me and scoffed before walking off. I held the urge to flip her off as she went.

"What is it you want?" I asked, stepping closer to her.

"Do you two like jazz?"

"I'd rather luck a cheese grater." Five remarked.

"Aww," The Handler cooed, "Jazz is like a beautiful woman. Complex, emotional, hard to please. She doesn't just give it to you..."

I rolled my eyes.

"...she makes you work for it."

"I'm really hoping that you're going somewhere with this." Five interrupted.

"Under my leadership, the Commission would sound more like..."

She leaned to whisper in Five's ear so I grabbed his hand and pulled him away from her. He looked back at me before turning back to The Handler.

"...jazz." She finished.

"And what about the board of directors?" I asked, not letting go of Five's hand.

"Well, that's where you come in." The Handler explained.

"Nope." I deadpanned.

"No, it isn't." Five added.

"In exchange for the assassination of the board, I'm willing to get you and your family out of this timeline and back to 2019 where you belong." She offered.

"And what about World War III that's due to kick off in just a few days?" Five inquired.

"Once you and your siblings are gone, that goes away."

"And the apocalypse when we get back to 2019?" I added.

"That too."

"I distinctly remember you telling me that the apocalypse had to happen, that it was supposed to happen." Five reflected.

"Back then I was toeing the company line, but once I'm in charge..." The Handler wiggled her fingers, "Jazz."