Pocket Full of Lightning

"I'm so confused." Diego said blankly.

I sat at in a chair with my feet propped up. My eyes were getting heavy behind my sunglasses and I was trying not to fall asleep.

"Shocking." Allison scoffed. I glared at her as she sulked off to the side.

Stan grunted, flinging around a pool stick and doing karate moves.

"Well, someone killed our mothers, so we shouldn't exist." Viktor paraphrased Five's explanation. "But clearly, we do exist, and the universe can't handle it, which is a problem."

Klaus laid on the floor below me, dropping the last few drops of a bottle of beer into his mouth.

"Big problem." Five sighed, sipping his coffee.

"Hiya!" Stan jumped up, kicking the air.

"Stanley!" Diego shouted, pointing at him. "Now is not the time to be do Karate, ok?"

"Jesus, Diego." I groaned, shushing him.

"Mom said I need to practice." Stan argued.

"Yeah, well, she's not wrong." Diego agreed, nodding. He shrugged. "You're very bad."

"Well, I saved your pathetic ass."

I laughed and Stan smiled, although Diego gave me the mom look.

"Ok, hold on." Allison said, stepping back into the conversation and out of her depression hole. "Five, so we caused a paradox. What does that mean?"

I leaned my head back until it was rested against the back of my chair and readjusted my sunglasses.

"It's hard to say." Five admitted, "It's all been theoretical until now, but things have started to disappear."

"Things?" I asked, picking up my head.

"What things?" Viktor asked.

"Right now?" Five sighed, leaning against the pool table. "Uh, lobsters."

He shrugged.

I shook my head, taking a sip of the water I had balanced on my knees.

"And a shit ton of cows!" Klaus exclaimed, sitting up.

"But I have a feeling this is just the beginning." Five shoved his hands in his pockets.

"A feeling?" Allison smiled mockingly, "Aren't you retired?"

"I want nothing more." Five said.

"You know, you can't keep dragging us through hell because you have an itch only an apocalypse can scratch and then expect us to deal with the fallout." She got more agitated as she walked up to Five. "You're not the boss."

I picked my feet up off the table, sitting up straight, suddenly becoming much more attentive. I pushed my sunglasses up onto my head, watching the situation.

Five turned his head towards Allison. I expected him to be angry but, surprisingly, he wasn't.

"Fine," He shrugged, "I'm the messenger, and I'm telling you something terrible is coming."