Man on the moon

Before I left to find Five, I had to get some kind of transportation. I went to find Klaus to see if he knew where I could find a car but I couldn't find him anywhere. I jumped to the main living area to see Allison sitting there alone.

"Hey, Allison. D'you know where I could get a car?" I asked her, leaning over the back of the couch.

"Uh, I think Dad's car is in the alley. The keys are in the kitchen." Her voice was hushed and you could tell something was bothering her.

I looked at her closely and smiled at her sympathetically.

"Alrighty, then. Thanks!" I jumped to the kitchen. Vanya was sitting at the table, looking at her hands.

"Hey, Y/n," Vanya mumbled.

"Hi, Vanya." I grabbed the keys from the counter. I paused, an idea popping in my head. "Vanya, I heard a rumor that you gave me 50 bucks."

Vanya's eyes went white and then she stood up. She took her wallet out of her pocket. She opened it up and gave me two twenties and a ten.

"I thought you might need this." She said kindly, putting her wallet back.

"Oh, that's so sweet of you!" I chirped, patting her shoulder.

I walked out the door and found the old car just sitting there. It was nice but was kind of worn, Father hadn't driven in years. I got in and revved the engine, it was a lot louder than the cars I used for work. Which makes sense, I guess. I pulled out of the parking lot, getting some weird looks from pedestrians. It's not every day you see a teen driving an '87 thunderbird.

————————————————————————

I pulled into the alleyway, careful not to hit Five's van. I got out, opening the door and climbing into the passenger seat. He looked over at me but didn't say a word.

"I had a nice run-in with Hazel and Cha-Cha back at the Academy." I hummed, putting my purse on the floor and opening the visor mirror. I watched out of the corner of my eye for a reaction.

Five's eyes widened, "How did you..."

"Five." I looked over at him with a smirk I couldn't control. "You're not the only one who can time travel. The commission has been trying to get me to work for them since I woke up."

"That's great." Five sighed, looking back at the building.

I looked in the visor mirror, wincing at the gash on my head. A huge bruise was darkening around my neck, and I could already feel the bruise forming on my back. If this is what the next days were gonna be like, count me out.

After about hours of sitting there in silence, I finally dozed off.

————————————————————————

"There he is." I heard Five mutter.

I looked up from the book I was reading, glancing at the page number before closing it. I saw Grant put his dog in the car. Five glanced at me, knowing that I was following him.

I jumped to the back seat of Grant's car and saw Five holding a knife to his neck. I rolled my eyes.

He always does it the hard way.

I put the dog on my lap, then smacked Five in the head. He grunted, looking back at me.

"I could've just rumored him, dumbass."

Five rolled his eyes, looking back at Grant, "Tell us exactly what's going on in that lab."

"I... I manufacture prosthetic devices for fake patients." Grant stuttered, "I bill the insurance companies and then sell them for cash on the black market."

Wow, he's really easy.

"Including eyeballs?" I questioned the doctor.

Grant was quick to answer.

"Yeah, they're my biggest seller. I mean, they sell like hotcakes. I've got a list, a waiting list, probably 20 buyers."

"So, the serial number I told you..." Five trailed off.

"Uh, could've already been bought. Yes, off... off the books."

"I needed that list, Lance." Five barked, "Names and numbers, and I need it now!"

"I don't have it. I mean, not on me. The only copy's in my safe at the lab." Grant stuttered.

"Well, then start the car." I waved my hands. He jumped, pulling his keys out of his pocket.

"Right, okay." Lance fumbled with the keys.

"Now!" I barked.

—————————————————————————

As we got closer to the lab, there was this awful smell in the air. Although, Five and Grant seemed to be oblivious to it. I sniffed the air again.

Five looked at me, concerned.

"Smoke."

I jumped in front of the building, freezing as the fire roared. Five ran up  just in time to be blown back in an explosion. My head hit the pavement, i blacked out.

As I came to, I felt hands wrapped under my arms as Five hoisted me up.

"What?" I muttered to myself. He immediately let go of me.

"Good, you're awake." He brushed off his hands, stuffing them in his pocket. "Let's go."

I stared at the rubble as Five pulled me away, taking me to the van.

"Shit." I muttered. He nodded, starting the car.

We drove in silence, and for once I didn't say a thing.

We ended up at a library, we went to the top floor and sat down in a corner. I pulled out a book and Five pulled out a bottle of vodka and some markers.

"Classy." I mocked.

"Classier than you." Five retorted.

"Smart comeback." I muttered.

Five unzipped the bag, pulling out Delores. I rolled my eyes. I flipped to the last chapter I read in my book and started reading.

I felt a nudge. Five was offering me the Vodka.

"Want some?" He asked, swirling the bottle around.

I sighed, "Why not?"

I took the bottle from him, took a swig, and went back to reading.