Kindest Cut

Sun filtered through the blinds and directly into my eyes. I blinked hard, turning over and trying to go back to sleep. I sat up, sighing when I couldn't. I looked at the beds and both Viktor and Allison were gone.

I stood up, interlacing my fingers and stretching my arms far above my head. My shoulders popped into place and my back cracked. I changed my blood covered shirt and pants, relishing in how good it felt to wear something clean.

I stumbled out of the room, still tired, unbraiding my hair as I headed to the bathroom. I pushed open the door and went to a mirror. I breathed in sharply when I saw how rough I looked.

I had a gash on the side of my face that went from the top of my eyebrow to below my eye. My skin was bright and swollen around it and the blood had dried into a gross layer.

I grabbed a towel from of the wall, running it under the sink. I slowly and carefully tried to wipe the blood off but it still stung. Once the dried blood was off, the once white towel was stained a rusty orange. I looked through the toiletry closet, trying to find Neosporin or rubbing alcohol but found nothing, I just had to leave it like that.

I left the towel on the side of the sink, leaving the bathroom. I went downstairs to the lobby, where I ran into my siblings all grouped together. I joined them, standing in between Viktor and Diego, not saying anything. I checked my watch as Viktor talked.

"Oh, my god." Luther gasped when he noticed me. "Y/n, was that Harlan?"

I looked up, "Huh?"

He grabbed my hand, looking at my bruised knuckles.

"What did you do last night?"

I pulled my hand away, putting it in my pocket. "I don't know what you're talking about."

I looked back as Allison joined the group. She looked at us, concerned.

"What's going on?" Her face seemed better, although her lip was still swollen.

"Oh, my god. He got you too?" Luther's eyes widened.

Allison looked at Viktor, pointing at his face.

"You okay?"

"Never better." He said.

"Great, me too."

"What about you?" Viktor asked, pointing at me.

"I'm fine." I shrugged.

Luther looked at Diego, confused while Diego just smiled and chuckled to himself.

Out of nowhere, the space above a brochure cabinet opened up and out fell Lila and Five as they crashed down.

Diego grabbed my shoulders, pushing me back away from the crash.

Lila landed on top of Five. They both grunted as they tried to get up.

"Shit." Five groaned.

Five used Lila's shoulder to push himself up and Lila shoved him off, causing Five to hit the floor again.

"Where have you been?" Viktor asked, surprisingly calm.

"Facing my mortality, Viktor." Five said, his arms flying as he tried to catch his balance. "I don't recommend it."

Diego stepped over the smashed wood, grabbing Lila's hands and helping her up.

"You had the briefcase?" Allison said, raising her voice. She crouched down, picking it up. "We've been looking for this!"

"Well, look no further. That's the last one on earth." He said. He put an arm around my shoulders, sighing. He looked at the briefcase. "Or was the last one."

The side of the briefcase was smashed in and smoke came from it. I sighed. Allison's eyes widened as she stood up, throwing it back to the ground. She scoffed, going and sitting on the stairs.

Five looked at my face, moving it to one side with his free hand to see what I had done to it.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, just a bit of a scratch." I shrugged. I looked at him, remembering that I was supposed to be mad at him. "We need to talk."

He let go of my face, looking back at Lila who was hugging Diego.

"Wait," Diego said, pulling away from Lila. "You're happy to see me. What's wrong?"

"Turns out there's a little less time to hold grudges than I had planned." She sighed. Their noses were inches apart as she stared into his eyes. "You're off the hook."

I looked back at Five, who stared at the ground emotionless. I pulled him around the corner, behind the pillar so I didn't have Luther, who was apparently my new wingman, staring at us.

I held his shoulders, looking at him. "Are you sure you're alright?"

He looked at me. I breathed in sharply as his arms wrapped around my waist. He rested his chin on my shoulder and I froze. After a second, I wrapped my arms around him, one hand on the back of his neck and the other on his back.

We stood there for a minute before he abruptly let go. He shoved his hands in his pockets and cleared his throat.

I watched him, my mouth slightly agape, as he walked past me and back around the pillar. I crossed my arms, following him.

"Hey, Chatty Cathys, stop the chitchat, all right?"

I sighed, stopping beside him. Luther looked at me, raising his eyebrows, then looking at Five. I looked at Five with an annoyed face, then looking back at him and shaking my head. He sighed, nodding.

"I'm calling a family meeting here." Five said, looking at each of us. "Where's Klaus?"

I shrugged.

Diego looked off into the hall. I followed his gaze to see Stan picking up a pair of gloves that he had dropped on the ground.

"I'll be right back." He said, patting Lila's shoulder.

"Wait, don't leave me with your.." She called after him, then cutting herself off when he ignored her. 

"Lost another." Five nodded, "Great."

"Spit it out, Five." Allison spat, cracking her knuckles and giving him a death glare.

"Oh, well, since you asked so nicely, sister of mine," Five smiled sarcastically, "Our little paradox brought forth a freaking Kugelblitz."

My heart dropped. I rubbed my face, exhaling shakily.

"Shit." My stomach churned.

"What the hell is a Kugelblitz?" Viktor crossed his arms.

I sighed, squeezing my eyes shut.

"Fuck."